Reflection Time - Highlights Running Through Inspire
What an excellent community we have. That is certainly a main highlight that I've taken away from these two days is that in person or online, we are all focused on connecting and growing.
I'm passionate about sustainability, so it's very pleasing to see sustainability as a focus.
And finally, so far as running theme's go it's awesome to see how power platform is being used (both by people in this forum and at Inspire), I've been #inspired to dive into that more for myself and leverage it's capabilities better!
...that's all, time to run (so to speak) to the next session!
Wouldn't this be cool.
1. "Billinda" Gates - They share the office, it's their Foundation satellite office- so you never know who might show up. While both need no explanation as to their contribution- let's think about the side benies. Melinda being a genius in her own right, would provide some massive water cooler value - discussions could range from how to joyfully manage a difficult partner to holistically thinking about our Social Impact Program. A lunchtime Bridge game with Bill and Warren or a ping pong tourney- are all on the cards:)
2. Kevin Carroll- besides the obvious- making the office more "innovative and purpose-driven". I'm imagining daily games of tag to improve creativity and problem-solving. Kevin would help us attract amazing talent. In order to have this dream fully realised, we need have an employee named 'BRAD", so we can all watch him be referred to as BE-RAADD. This would never become old.
3. Bozoma Saint John- We are a Partner GTM Marketing and Communications office, so besides her big swing approach to making an impact, we will also learn from her authentic leadership style. And again, she brings her interesting friends to the office. At our office, she goes by "the BOZ".
OK...how about this? A plugin for any location-based game- but the 2020 version will allow users to choose your location during travel restrictions and to provide a benefit to that community.
Let's unlock the benefits of the virtual world and make Social Impact-to environmentally fragile locations and their communities. Explore a new location from home, with no environmental impact, while allowing users to contribute their expertise to that community, or contribute financially, all aligned to your organisation's social impact efforts.
Idealistically, I'd like to share my office with:
Chris Hadfield - an amazing speaker and motivator with a stellar career!
Jacinda Ardern - navigating through politics and adversity is a talent we could all use in the office
Janine Allis - entrepreneur and advisor would be a great asset to building and growing our business
However, perhaps a more close to home list of who we would love to be in the same room, at the same time, working together:
The prospect with the business need
Their procurement person
Their security person
..all in the same room, at the same time, talking with each other, problem solving together until the deal is signed! 😀
If I could share an office with three other people, who would they be?
1. Douglas Adams
2. Michael Nesmith
3. Stephen Fry
I might not get much work done, but I'd have a great time!
i would like to share a office with
Robin William's, a comic genius to brighten everyones day
Richard Branson - Got to be inspired by a man that doesnt say NO
Bob Thomas - created the First virus, by misrtake
If I had to share my office with 3 other people (Going to be very squishy), I would have:
- My Mum 😍, as she is probably the best accountant / hardworking person I know and because I’m slightly competitive, she would inspire me to be the best In the world at any project I work on.
- Elon Musk, so that we could inspire each other to think up the most ridiculous ideas that could change the world for the better… and he can pay for them.
- Noel Erese, a Director of a NFP in the Philippines where I grew up, to keep us grounded and inspire us to remember that the world needs help, and we should collectively use our resources and time to improve the current situation of many less fortunate than ourselves around the world.
If I could share an office with three other people, who would they be?
1. Jacinta Ardern - Should probably avoid politics...but she is assertive, tactful, dealing with some of the most intense crises that have ever faced New Zealand, all the whilst becoming a mum in the midst of it! That is all crazy inspirational!
2. Bill Gates - Easy pick, especially given how #inspired I am right now by his legacy! But ironically, I'm picking him more so for his philanthropy work. I know I've mentioned it before, but Inside Bill's Brain on Netflix is really interesting, even my non-techy mum loved it!
3. Ai Weiwei - An absolutely amazing artist and activist. An advocate for democracy and human rights, I had the pleasure of seeing his exhibition down in Melbourne at the NGV back in 2016.
This was not easy, there are so many inspirational people who I would love to sit down and just chat with...probably the toughest question yet.
My Xbox game would def be: Zombie Apocalypse Melbourne
An immersive game filled with thrills and intrigue, set in four-seasons-in-a-day Melbourne, in the wake of the COVID-20 outbreak (yes COVID-19 has mutated!).
Grappling with fight or flight decisions, you must choose between taking the Melbourne Hipster zombies head on or fleeing to Indonesia on boats.
...but the real battle lies in exposing the truth behind this unexpected COVID-20 outbreak and the undeniable suspicion that Sydney and Brisbane were behind this all along, in their desperate bid to steal away Melbourne's world-class sporting and cultural events.
Ultra immersive mixed-reality gameplay challenges are offered as optional DLC.
Hololens sold separately.
Xbox Game Design:
The name of the game, "Cliche", I think you'll see quickly where I'm going with this...
Setting: Miami, Florida
It takes all of its cues from popular action movies. Set in Miami, Florida, this ex-CIA agent is on the brink of retirement. He comes home from his breach run to his beach front property and finds his family missing and his dog dead (it hurt just writing this).
He finds a note, written in magazine letters detailing that his wife and daughter have been kidnapped, taken away to Europe! At some point he will inevitably get on the phone and say the classic Neeson line, "I don't know what you want...".
It's an RPG with a skill tree that includes the following:
- Bullet dodging
- Hand to hand combat against far too many enemies
- Explosion immunity
- Sword play
- Impossible stunt driving
- McGuyver gadget skills
- The ability to wear a cap and instantly be anonymous
As you can see, possibly not original, I most likely wouldn't play it, but I like the idea of a game that plays off all the cliches in certain film genres.
1. The Australia Kick-Off and the Australian Leadership team. Thank you for making an intimate and valuable program for us to connect with locally relevant support and with each other. kick-off video - hilarious!
2. Favorite Speaker- Kevin Carroll: A gold mine of empowerment! I had the pleasure of working at Nike during his tenure and he truly walks his talk.
I would have to go with the Land of Araluen, from the Rangers Apprentice, which is set in medieval land, where figures known as Rangers keep the Kings peace using their trusty longbow and spy tools. One of those great Australian book series which should be brought to life.
@Bryton , such a throwback! I recently moved houses and that involved packing, and unpacking all my books. As I was putting them all up on the shelf in my new place I was thinking that I should read them again! John Flanagan really knows how to write a good medieval tale!
If I had a chance to design an Xbox Game, I would base it in Australia, starting in Brisbane, Queensland. My game would be designed as a first-person, open-world game. The main quest line would be based on the player achieving 10 major Extreme Sports Stunts to achieve the title of, “The ONE”. If you have ever seen the movie “Point Break, 2015” it would be based on this movie as a loose storyline. 🎿🏍🛩
Why? Because I love extreme sports and would love to have the opportunity to try and push myself to the limits!