UK Partner Zone Discussions
A dedicated area for UK Partners to connect around readiness events and content at a local level.

Don't see your topic? Start a Topic
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Partner Centre NIGHTMARE!!

Hi Folks

I am unable to untangle the confusing mess that is Microsoft Partner portals. Many years ago I set up a microsoft live account using my personal credentials. This seemed to make sense as the portal retained info on things like Xbox, My personal office software etc.  More recently my company became a Microsoft Partner, (CSP). I use the MS Partner Centre portal for this business account, https://partnercenter.microsoft.com/. However, when I try to move from a basic partner to the MAPS partner I am directed to sign into my personla Microsoft portal. What is going on here? The MAPS program is a business partner programme and absolutley nothing to do with my personal MS account. I have removed all work emails from my personal account and I see no reason why this account should in any way be connected to my Partner Centre account.  

At this point I have spent hours trying to understand what is going on. I have contacted Microsoft who have only confused things more. My Ltd company account with the Partner Centre and my own personal Live login for my personal MS account should be entirely separate accounts but for some reason we are being continually asked to sign into my personal account even after we are already signed into our Partner Centre account. 

Finally the Partner Centre account is asking us to 'Partner with them'. We are already a partner...aaggghh.. When  we click on the 'partner with us' option we are given details on how to become a CSP. Guess what.. we already are a CSP and have been actively selling 365 licences for a few years. 

We are going to pospone our progress to a MAPS partner until we get a handle on this confusion.

Any enlightenment gladly received..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft

Re: Microsoft Partner Centre NIGHTMARE!!

Hi Carl,

I suggest you take a look at our support page for Partners. On this website there is a number of resources to use but you can also live chat with an agent which might be the best option if you are looking for a quick fix. If they cannot help they should be able to point you in the right direction to sort this technical issue. Hope that helps.

The site is: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-GB/Support/

Kind Regards,

Hannah

All Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have simular problem after trying to renew. At the moment I have 2 partner IDs and cant use the old one to renew as its a Live account

Level 1 Contributor

Hi Carl,

Have you tried using a completely different browser and broswing "InPrivate"? 

I currently have 10 x different Partner Center crednetials as we work across EMEA region and MS insist we have a different PC for each country therfore the only successful way to log in is by using a new InPrivate session each time I change account.

A real pain in the backside but MS are addressing this in the new release of Partner Center but I think this should help with your current MAPS access.

Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any idea if / when we can start using our Org Ids for authentication rather than MSAs?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the new or old partner center?

If you're migrating to the new one, the org-id will be the account with access to the partner center.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

We are now using the new one.. Sorry you've lost me. We sign into the partner centre using our work email. Several staff have access. I notice our Partner ID is no longer displayed at top right. However my partner ID is available from my personal portal. Total mess.. My partner ID is what I needed to set my company up as a CSP. why would this number have anything to do with my live account.

Perhasp its my OCD. In my confused mind I should have one personal,(Live), account total unconnected to my business partner centre account. The later should display my partner ID. The former is for buying gold memberships for my sons Xbox etc.. What on earth have these two accounts got to do with each other. Why am I being asked to login to my live account to purchase a Microsoft Action Pack?.

As I am fairly new to the Microsoft Partner Centre please keep it simple and thankyou to anyone who has replied. Much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Microsoft

Hi Carl,

I suggest you take a look at our support page for Partners. On this website there is a number of resources to use but you can also live chat with an agent which might be the best option if you are looking for a quick fix. If they cannot help they should be able to point you in the right direction to sort this technical issue. Hope that helps.

The site is: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-GB/Support/

Kind Regards,

Hannah

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain - I have 40+ Partner Centre logins globally to manage - so like you, I'm desperate for the upcoming changes.

In the meantime: I use Firefox profiles and a secure password manager to make this easier Smiley Happy

Level 2 Contributor

I've had a weird issue with a Partner Centre login before decided to refer to me as Guest and asked me to associate with an org, when it was the account that set up & managed our partner org. A chat with an agent finally got to the bottom of it, which required registering with a completely different account as the corrupted profile couldn't be fixed. Annoying at the time but that's technology for you. Hopefully an agent chat can help you too, Carl .. though sometimes you need the right agent!

Level 1 Contributor

Hi, we have exactly the same issue....is there any workable solution? 

Level 1 Contributor

Similar multiple account nightmare here - MS seem to have made some odd choices regarding 'work' and 'personal' accounts - previously you couldnt use your work account to set up as a partner (wtf?), but you could set up a personal account with the same work email (this is now blocked ) and thoroughly confuse yourself. Not sure Ill ever be able to untangle the mess.