Tech for Good & Partner Pledge
We are delighted to announce that Microsoft Netherlands is taking the Partner Pledge!
“When I started at Microsoft 8 years ago, I wanted to make a difference and technology can do this, in many ways. But we can’t do this alone at Microsoft, we need everybody and every organization. We have a shared responsibility and a shared opportunity.” Hermien Roebersen, GPS Lead of Microsoft Netherlands, talks about our technology vision and invites Microsoft Partners to join us on this journey and pledge to use tech as a force for good.
What is Partner Pledge?
The Microsoft Partner Pledge is a statement of intent in which we ask our partners to join us on this journey to use tech as a force for good.
By signing the pledge, we ask our partners to work with us to become ambassadors for digital skills, advocates for responsible and ethical AI, leaders committed to building a diverse and inclusive tech sector, and an environmentally sustainable future for our planet.
If you work for one of the many Dutch-based Microsoft partner organizations, you likely share our vision and commitment to customers - That's why we created the Partner Pledge which focuses on the four critical goals. If your Partner organization focuses on at least 1 of the below pillars we encourage you to sign the Partner Pledge below.
Microsoft Netherlands Partner Pledge Pillars:
1. Ensure we are an ambassador of Microsoft The Netherlands Digital Skills initiatives:
- Raise internal awareness of the Digital Skills initiatives and take advantage of all opportunities to provide staff with new skills training.
- Promote the Digital Skills initiatives to customers.
2. Ensure we are building AI in a responsible and ethical way, consistent with AI design principles such as:
- Fairness – Use AI to drive efficiencies while protecting dignity and guarding against bias.
- Accountability – Decisions made by AI must be accountable to citizens and consumers.
- Explainable – AI must be explainable and understandable.
- Ethics – AI must assist humanity and respect rights, such as privacy.
3. Ensure we are focused on sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint through:
- Conversations: endeavor to make sustainability part of every supplier and enterprise customer engagement moving forward.
- Partnerships: embedding sustainability into strategic alliances.
- Transparency: increasing transparency around our carbon footprint for our services and offerings.
- Tools: utilize new tools to enable customers to better monitor and manage their carbon footprint, for example using the Microsoft Emissions Impact Dashboard.
4. Endeavour to build a more diverse and inclusive workforce through:
- Having a plan to improve inclusion, including adopting inclusive recruitment and promotion processes and practices to support the development and retention of a diverse workforce.
- Ensure managers have a deep understanding and commitment to building inclusive culture within their organisation.
- Addressing racial inequality in the workforce by striving for strong representation at all levels from individual contributors to senior management
- Addressing gender inequality in the workforce by striving for strong representation at all levels from individual contributors to senior management
- Ensure everyone in the organization regardless of race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or other relevant protected status feels included.
- Endeavour to build accessible solutions and services, to empower our employees and customers with disabilities for a more inclusive future.
- Promote to all employees within my organization earning their Accessibility Fundamentals badge (2hrs 5mins).
We believe these priorities are not just the right thing to do but also make strong business sense. If you agree and share our vision and passion, we invite you to sign the Partner Pledge and work with us to help the Netherlands thrive in this exciting new future. To confirm your pledge please download the document and once signed, please email us a copy.