What are Competencies?
What are Competencies?
If you’ve been perusing the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN), you’ve probably heard of Competencies, but what are they exactly? In short, achieving a Competency is one of the paths to joining the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN). In case you missed it, get the scoop on MPN by reading our earlier post What is Microsoft Partner Network (MPN)?
Competencies allow your organization to demonstrate your technical capability to deliver Microsoft solutions. Microsoft Competencies are designed to meet your customers’ needs and showcase your expertise to prospective customers. They come with a wealth of benefits for your organization as well. More on that below!
What Competencies can I achieve?
With 17 Competencies to choose from and multiple options within each, it’s easy to find a Competency that is tailored to your organization’s needs.
The Cloud Competencies include:
- Cloud Customer Relationship Management - Enable your customers to talk to their customers in smarter, more personal ways with five CRM apps that work seamlessly together.
- Cloud Platform - Take advantage of the growing need for cloud services. Help customers modernize their infrastructure and migrate applications and data to the cloud.
- Cloud Productivity - Provide technical expertise in the most complete set of commercial-grade productivity offerings on the market today. Office 365 delivers your customers security and productivity.
- Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions - Take advantage of SMB momentum to adopt Office 365 and its best-in-class productivity and security. 50,000 new customers are added monthly!
- Enterprise Mobility Management - Showcase your expertise in powerful, secure mobility management solutions. Help customers address important compliance issues and emerging security threats.
Your organization can choose from two levels, silver and gold, for each competency. Visit the Competencies page and click on ‘Competency details’ to view the both levels and decide which is right for you.
What’s in it for me?
Achieving a Competency provides several benefits for your organization including core benefits and competency specific benefits.
For cloud competencies, take advantage of Microsoft’s Signature Cloud Support. This exclusive technical benefit provides cloud competency partners with an elevated level of technical support including access to technical support engineers.
What do I need to do?
Each Competency has a specific set of requirements to fulfill. Cloud Competency requirements fall under two categories; skills and performance.
- Skills: Requirements often include exams, assessments, or certifications which individuals within your organization must pass. But not to fear, the learning portal provides comprehensive learning paths with courses, forums, training guides, practice exams and more to help prepare for each requirement. For even more information and special offers, visit the learning site.
- Performance: To be eligible for a competency, your organization must meet certain performance thresholds aligned to competency area. For example, your organization may need to meet a minimum amount of Azure consumption over the trailing 12 months.
For specific Competency requirements information visit the Competencies page and click on ‘Competency details’. Completing these requirements ensures your organization has the expertise to grow your business and increase profitability. Gaining a Competency also allows you to be more discoverable by customers and who doesn’t want that?
Join the elite tier of Microsoft Partners and stand out from your peers through Competencies! Have more questions about Competencies? Post them here
Amazing article to understand Competencies. One question though, Does the competencies that we achieve in the 1st year of our Purchase of Silver/Gold enrolments, will it carry forward at the time of renewal in the next year or all the competencies are reassessed/re-calculated as a renewal process.