Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

Level 4 Contributor

Supporting MSP customers

We are an MSP and Microsoft Partner and I am wondering what is the correct way to go about administering our customer tenants?

Going through partner portal I understood to be the way to do it, but following a support ticket with the partner team I found out there are a handful of key activities and tasks that you cant do with the delegated admin through partner portal

Just looking for some advice on how other MSPs are doing it

Thanks,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Level 4 Contributor

I found another post in the community which covers this complaint. no solution as yet but hopefully we can get an acceptable answer one day.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Hey @AlexCBrewer ,

Thank you for your query! 

I moved this thread in the Partnership 101 forum for visibility. Perhaps other MSPs can share their best practices.

Last month we featured Nerdio in our Thought Leadership Series event, and they did discuss how Managed Service Providers (MSPs) can build successful cloud practices in Microsoft Azure, including demystifying common Azure misconceptions, how to create Azure packages, an overview of Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), and how to accurately price Azure in order to maximize profits.

You can have a look at the event here and review all 4 recordings On-Demand.
Here are other resources and I think you can start from here: 
https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/managed-services

Hope this helps,

Andra

Level 4 Contributor

Thanks @Andra for relocating my post, I wasn't 100% sure where to put it and got it wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the links you put but they talk about going through partner portal and don't mention the restrictions that prevent us from doing some basic tasks.

Its annoying to only have these restrictions confirmed to you once creating a support ticket with the partner team.

Is their anyone out there who has the same problems? Or does everyone just create a global admin inside the customer tenant and share the credentials? Which is bad practice?

Many Thanks,

Alex C Brewer

Level 4 Contributor

I found another post in the community which covers this complaint. no solution as yet but hopefully we can get an acceptable answer one day.

View solution in original post