Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

Visitor 1

How Do I Become Microsoft Reseller?

please suggest How Do I Become Microsoft Reseller? where to get the price list?

thanks Regards

Chandan Singh

Mashiva Technologies Private Limited

44 REPLIES 44
Level 1 Contributor

Hi ,

I wonder if it is possible for CSP indirect reseller to register with more than one distributor within the same market ? 

Thanks

Influencer

Adding to this is that I recommend to develop a great relationship with one distributor and not solely focus on price. The margin just selling CSP is not important, what’s more important is your added services and the value of your complete offer.

Microsoft

@Abu-Bakr : Yes, this is possible, there is no limit on how many distris/indirect Providers you can use. You can even sell licenses via different distris to the same customer

Visitor 1

Hello,

I would like to become an authorized reseller to be able to resell Windows and Office keys locally in my country - Bulgaria and internationally - on ebay. Who shall I turn to?

I have a registered company.

Thank you in advance.

Influencer

Hello DS2,

I don't think selling licenses on Ebay is a great idea and just selling the keys without a license is illegal. My advice if you want to resell Microsoft's licenses and services is to contact a distributor such as TechData and Ingram Micro and sign up as a reseller. 

Regards, Per 

Visitor 1

How can I become a reseller for the HoloLens 2 hardware in the US? I have read the become a mixed reality partner web page, it recommends becoming a Microsoft Partner. I found the device reseller page, but it mentions nothing about HoloLens or mixed reality requirements. I also saw that Ingram Micro is the distributor for HoloLens do I have to go through them?

Visitor 1

Hi, 

I am looking for reseller status in India for Microsoft Software/ hardware, licenses and services. Can i write an email or speak to someone who can clear my doubt to secure the reseller/ partner status?  This will help a lot.

Regards

-Pradip

Influencer

Hi Pradip,

Thanks for your question. In order to become a reseller of Microsoft service and products you will need to have a registered company and sign up as a reseller with one of the distributors in India like Ingram Micro or TechData. It is a fairly easy process.

Regards, Per

Per, thanks for that great info. Do you know of any distributors in Turkey where I could refer my customer? He wishes to resell hardware in his country.

Hi @rchapman12,

I suggest that you refer him to Index that is a Microsoft distributor in Turkey.

See contact info here: https://www.index.com.tr/

Regards, Per

Visitor 1

Hi,

Can someone help me with the procedure to become a Surface Laptop reseller in the US & India?

Also, can you please suggest the ways to become a re-seller like Ingram or TechData

Thank you.

Influencer

Hi Rohit,

TechData and Ingram are distributors and not resellers. They sell only to resellers and never direct to end-customers.

My advise is that you contact one of them and ask to become a reseller. As part of their requirements they will require you to have a company registered. As you mention USA, please note that if you want to sign up as a reseller in the US you will need to have a company registered in the US.

Regards, Per

Visitor 1

Hey there, how can i get the agreement or a license to sell windows10 and office keys on ebay 

Influencer

Hi Oussa, I would say that selling Windows 10 on Ebay is probably not a wise choice. The suggested path is that you sign up as a reseller with a local distributor in your country (like TechData or Ingram). That way you will be able to provide Microsoft's licenses and services to your customers. But there is little business just selling if you don't add some value yourself. The ones that successful add their own knowledge (often called IP - Intellectual Property) and craft services that customers are willing to pay for and that will give you a nice margin so that you can build a viable business.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Per

Visitor 1

How want to Microsoft software reseller agent in Houston texas. How could I register and what does it entail. 

Influencer

Hi Edward, thanks for asking!

TechData or Ingram Micro in USA will be able to help you set up as a reseller for Microsoft services and software through the CSP program. They are both great to deal with!

This will allow you to resell but to be honest, it is almost impossible to build a business on this alone. I suggest that you add a portfolio of services as that is how you make a great margin.

Regards, Per

Level 1 Contributor

Hi ,

I wonder if I can re-sell in regions outside the country I am initially registered in ? is there any limitation? Do I need to be legally registered as a company in the new market I am targeting or I can use my home country registration? Thanks  

Influencer

Hi Abu-Bakr,

It all depends of where you're located and which country you're aiming for. The general answer is that you can often sell to customers inside your own region which often means neighboring countries but there are boundaries. I suggest that you talk to your local distributor and ask them.

Regards, Per

Visitor 1

Please provide procedure to resell office 365  products to end user

Influencer

Hi Mictsa,

I think that you should contact a distributor in your country. TechData or Ingram Micro are present in many countries but you might have others in your specific country.

The licensing program that is most popular right now is called CSP.

Regards, Per