Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

Community Manager

Re: Business verification - We were not able to verify your business details

Hi @jpassingham 

Thank you for your patience! 

I have checked in our systems and I see you are already enrolled with an 'Active' account in Partner Center, everything is authorized, no vetting issues. 

Do you confirm everything is alright now with your acccount?

Thank you!

Mihai

Level 1 Contributor

Having the same issue as everyone else here. I am a UK sole trader and verification always fails at the Business Verification stage.

MPN.png

When I click 'contact support' for this issue I just go in a circle of links back to where I started, with no option to actually communicate with anyone.

As well as this business, I also work full-time for an employer so I'm not at home during the day and tend not to answer unknown numbers originating in the US! I can't "provide an official copy of business registration such as a business charter or articles of incorporation" because I'm a sole trader.

Is there any other way to get verified?

Community Manager

Hi @Reece 

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us on Microsoft Partner Community!

I am sorry to hear about your issue with the registration on MPN. However, you need to provide some documentation about your company in order to be able to complete your account activation. 

I recommend you contact Frontline Support by this phone number 1-800-MPN-SOLVE

They will help you with all the explanations about how the company verification works.

Thank you!

Mihai

Level 1 Contributor

Hi Mihai,

I don't have documentation about my company because I don't have a "company". A sole trader – also known as a sole proprietorship – is a simple business arrangement, in which one individual runs and owns the entire business. I am a sole trader and this means I can operate a small business without all the complexities of setting up a "company". The ONLY documentary evidence I could provide you with is a bank statement in the businesses name.

I would rather avoid an expensive international call to the US - is there any way to communicate wih someone via chat or email?

Thanks

Reece

Community Manager

Hi @Reece 

Thank you for the clarifications! 

Could you please let me know in what country are you based? I thought you were based in the USA, this is why I shared the US number.

Please go on the following link and select the options you want in order to contact the support accordingly and create the ticket.

Thank you!

Mihai

Level 1 Contributor

Hi Mihai,

I'm in the UK. I don't know if you don't have a similar sole trader status in the US, so this might be why so many of us here are having this issue.

When I follow the support link and choose the issue I'm having:

Annotation 2019-11-13 110200.png

I end up here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4522960/vetting-process-for-partners-in-partner-center?tpqid=100-000083 and this article stops before it gets to Business verification, so it's no help at all.

The support link from within the Partner Centre is how I ended up here and I don't see any other contact options. I'm just going round in circles and really would appreciate being able to speak to someone!

Thanks

Reece

Community Manager

Hi @Reece 

The reason I have guided you to that link is to contact the frontline. You just have to select the country and then search for your issues and select the issue category as per attachment. Then you would've been provided with a phone number for GB. 

Please check the attached photo for reference. 

Thank you!

Mihai

Level 1 Contributor

Hi,

Sorry, didn't see the link that revealed the hidden fields.

Thanks, I'll do that now.

Regards

Reece

Community Manager

Hi @Reece 

I am glad I was able to help! 

Please feel free to post on the community whenever you have queries or you think that another partner had a similar experience as you do.

Also, it would be great if you would also help partners on the community with your know-how acquired over time. 

Thank you!

Mihai

Visitor 1

Hi,

i have the exact same issue. I have have to send my verification - but no email address or contact number is beeing provided.  

veri.PNG

I am also a sole trader and working in austria. Would appreciate any help.

Best regards,

schnurzli

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @schnurzli 

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us on Microsoft Partner Community!

Have you tried as per my instructions above? With the exact link that I have sent. 

Please follow the instructions and I can guarantee that the support team will help you. 

Thank you!

Mihai

Visitor 1

Re: I can't get passed Employment Verification

Screenshot from 2019-11-30 11-10-02.png

I'm sure that my business email address (which I provided) has the same domain as my company Website. So what I'm I doing wrong?

Community Manager

Re: I can't get passed Employment Verification

Hi @Ahowson 

I am sorry to hear that you have encountered issues when trying to enroll in Microsoft Partner Network.

The best solution here is to raise a ticket to Frontline support. They will be helping you with system checks, data verification, etc. 

Please follow the below link which will get you to the ticket creation page:

https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/support

Thank you!

Mihai