Hero Banner

Partner Membership Discussions

Discuss Competencies, Enrollment, MAPS and Renewals topics

mr-tap
Level 4 Contributor

Security competency performance requirements - maybe impacted by Azure Security Centre rename?

We have earnt Silver Security competency and are working towards Gold Security.

We met performance requirements via 'Azure customer consumption in Azure Security Center', but this has suddenly dropped to $0 (even in the historical reports).

I suspect this is due to the rename of the product to 'Azure Defender for Servers'.

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mr-tap
Level 4 Contributor

Hi @Andra - just for information of anyone else that may have this issue, the MPN back-end team has relayed that this issue DID appear to be related to the :Azure Security Center Standard" being renamed to "Azure Defender for Servers". We were told that it should be resolved by a Partner Center change due at end of Jan 2021.

We have not be told if this change will start including CPOR and PAL customer associations.

View solution in original post

mr-tap
Level 4 Contributor

Hi @Andra - for your information, this has finally been resolved this month, so now customer usage of "Azure Defender for Servers" finally contributes as intended for Security competency.

Given this was broken for a months after the rename from "Azure Security Center Standard", I was surprised that this did not seem to more security partners concerned - presumably most partners meet the Intune/AADP usage requirement instead? (we would too if CPOR and PAL customer associations were included)

8 REPLIES 8
Andra
Community Manager

Hi @mr-tap 

Thank you for getting back to me and providing this case. 

Allow me to forward it internally for further verifications.

I hope to have a feedback in the next two working days.

Kind regards,

Andra

mr-tap
Level 4 Contributor

Hi @Andra - just for information of anyone else that may have this issue, the MPN back-end team has relayed that this issue DID appear to be related to the :Azure Security Center Standard" being renamed to "Azure Defender for Servers". We were told that it should be resolved by a Partner Center change due at end of Jan 2021.

We have not be told if this change will start including CPOR and PAL customer associations.

mr-tap
Level 4 Contributor

Hi @Andra - for your information, this has finally been resolved this month, so now customer usage of "Azure Defender for Servers" finally contributes as intended for Security competency.

Given this was broken for a months after the rename from "Azure Security Center Standard", I was surprised that this did not seem to more security partners concerned - presumably most partners meet the Intune/AADP usage requirement instead? (we would too if CPOR and PAL customer associations were included)

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @mr-tap , thanks a lot for follow-ing up and sharing all these updates! 

Was there any action taken from your end or frontline support reached out with these updates?

Thanks,

Andra

mr-tap
Level 4 Contributor

Hi @Andra - this is still not resolved for us 😞 Has been more than five weeks and the latest update is "it seems this is still pending with back end team"

mr-tap
Level 4 Contributor

Hi @Andra  - this has definitely NOT been resolved for us yet. 
We raised as an issue with partner support (2010150010000360), but after four weeks are still being told that back end team just reporting “Work in progress" 😞

Is this widespread?

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @mr-tap ,

The engineering team investigated this last week, and this should be fixed.

Can you please let us know if you still miss any information?

Thanks,

Andra

mr-tap
Level 4 Contributor

Hi @Andra - this is still an issue for us two months later - Azure Security Center revenue still incorrectly displays as $0. Our MPN support case (2010150010000360) still not resolved satisfactorily 😞