angelpeng
Level 2 Contributor

Microsoft Action Pack

Can the Action Pack Windows Server 2019 be downgraded to 2016? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Andra
Community Manager

Hi @WLD ,

Thank you for sharing this concern with the Community!

As you already have this open topic here, which I addressed, please note that posting in multiple in areas in the community will not expedite the outcomes of this queries and can be considered spam.

I appreciate your understanding,

Andra

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

No, downgrade rights are not provided with IUR licenses. See the IUR usage guide here https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/membership/internal-use-software

Licenses do not provide downgrade rights or any other Software Assurance services. 

Note that because IUR license are only granted on annual basis, this does also mean that there is in fact an upgrade obligation. E.g. If you now deploy WS2019 from IUR licenses, and at some time Windows Server 202X is released, you would nee to upgrade to this new version the next time when you renew your Partner membership and this new Windows Server version is listed on the IUR table.

Kind regards,
Janosch
Get consultations form Technical Presales & Deployment services team via https://aka.ms/technicalservices
WLD
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Hi Janosch,

The reason I'm reaching you is MPN support failed me to help with my issue & I've nowhere to turn to get help. Please help!

I'm UK customer, trying to get the action pack for the first time (not a renewal), the partner & the developer status are authorized but getting the following error when I'm trying to pay for the action pack.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
We are unable to validate your request at this point of time.
One additional step is needed to validate your account. Our account team is on standby and ready to help you. Please contact us with this reference number: 715-123160 and transaction ID:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried this with MPN support which redirects to a third party support team (Teleperformance - Portugal) & their support is hopeless, can you please shed a light on this. I've googled this issue & there are plenty of similar cases like this unanswered by Microsoft.
As of now MPN support refuses to support & I'm left with no option.

I'd be very grateful to you if you can help me on this please.

Thanks.