KokiMura
Level 1 Contributor

Joining MPN stuck on Employment verification

We are trying to join MPN, however we have been stuck on the the Employment Verification step. 

The exact message is: 

"We were not able to verify your email domain. Follow below instructions to fix"

I have chatted with support a few times, however that is not going anywhere. They have asked me to update my office 365 profile etc. which I have done, however we are still stuck on that step of the process.

I have also read the Business verification - We were not able to verify your business details forum post and one of the users recommends that we submit an incident. Which I tried, however when I click on Submit Incident I get to a page which tells me that I do not have access to and I decided to post in the community having exhausted all other means (well I still have not tried to call but I will need to mentally prepare for a call a bit longer 🙂 ).

Can anyone help out with getting past this step?

213 REPLIES 213
Jodi
Level 1 Contributor

Hi all,

I am having the same problems for 2 weeks now. I am in Germany and in this country there is no way to contact support by phone or any other means except the partner website.

It keeps on telling me that there is information missing but I don't have a clue which information. So I placed a support call. After nearly a week I got an answer: 

TrackingID#2108120040001468

But this was obviously originally written in English and translated by a computer in to German. Bad translation, I simply do not understand what they want me to do.

I am a freelancer with no registered company and of course no employer. The mail I got had something about a website. The only website connected with my name is schulungberatungcoaching.OnMicrosoft.com. Which I told them, answering their mail.

I am swiftly running out of time for renewing my subscription. Can anybody please point me to the right direction to what I am supposed to do in order to get my request processed?

Thanks in adavance
Jörn.

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @Jodi ,

I hope your week started well!

please review this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/verification-responses

and this one could provide more information: Verify your company profile - Partner Center | Microsoft Docs

I hope this helps,

Andra

deejerydoo
Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

I have had confirmation, in the last couple of days, from one of your colleagues on the frontline MPN support team, who identified himself as Alan. He confirmed that there is a current system failure in the MPN portal legal information verification processing. He was not able to confirm any further details and was only prepared to say the team were meeting to discuss it further that afternoon (Wednesday 2021-08-25). He did say he would send me an email to confirm further details but I never received one. Judging by the volume of activity I am seeing regarding this failure, as well as a payment processing failure you experienced earlier in the year, it is apparent that Microsoft are dropping the ball when some kind of systemic failure occurs. Microsoft needs to be more open and forthcoming with information, during these issues than they appear to be, currently. We understand that to err is only human but to mess things up so spectacularly takes a large organisation. But, really, there is no excuse for not being better at informing your partners when issues do occur.

Regards,

David.

PS: Alan did update my MPN case ref: 2108210010000157 asking me to upload PDF proof of my domain registration, less than 12 months old. I have been a Microsoft partner for more than 10 years and transact with you legally, albeit slightly indirectly, through CSP on a monthly basis. So, why do I have to go through this whole verification process again? I wouldn't mind so much if it actually worked. Also, I normally renew my domain only every two years. Luckily for me, I had to renew it this year. If I'd had to renew it last year, I would have been in trouble, as your requirements are that the document has to be less than 12 months old. Yet another way in which Microsoft are designing things to fail.

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @deejerydoo ,

Thanks a lot for this feedback, I will make sure it reaches internal teams! I looked over your case and it looks like your communication with the support team is recent.

Given the high volume of verification requests recently, you are experiencing a delay in progressing with this process.

I would recommend you wait until early next week, Tuesday 8/31 for an update.

💡 I typically suggest this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/verification-responses

It explains in details each verification step.

Thanks for understanding,

Andra

deejerydoo
Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

Thanks for your reply. Sadly, neither my timing or need to read documentation is the issue here. Simply pointing people to the documentation on how to "enroll in a new Partner Center program" is pointless because we are all trying to renew our entitlements and not enroll as new and the workflow on your partner portal is clearly having technical issues, and you have decided to kill off your partner telephone support entirely.

The only way I was able to get any assistance on this matter was to call your MS365 technical support team and then demand to be put through to anyone left standing in what is left of your partner support team. This is when I was told you weren't quite sure what the problem was and that the team were having a meeting later that afternoon to discuss it, weeks, if not months, after you were aware of issues!

What is abundantly clear from this and other threads, on both Microsoft's and other industry fora, is a major systemic failure, with Microsoft's ability to maintain its partner verification lifecycle has been causing a significant amount of distress and issues, amongst Microsoft's partners, for a number of months now. I understand you are trying to placate us here but what we need is for Microsoft to respond better to the failures than they have been for some time now.

I have been able to re-verify and renew my partner status now but the whole experience has been unnecessarily time consuming and unpleasant, as it seems for a lot of your partners.

Regards,

David

Andra
Community Manager

Hello, @deejerydoo 

I am following up here to confirm whether the matter has been resolved from your end as well?

Have a great start of the week,

Andra

deejerydoo
Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra, thanks for the follow up. I have sent you a PM.

WellsDeveloper
Visitor 1

I am having the same issue and have been trying to resolve for a month, meanwhile my account is about to expire.  Can someone please assist?

Issue ID: 2108200040000005

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @WellsDeveloper ,

Happy Monday!

Please observe the documentation links provided in the thread above and ensure you uploaded all requested information.

I see you were in contact with an agent si please allow until Tuesday morning to receive an update on the ticket.

Feel free to folow up here.

thanks

Andra

nanichowdhary
Level 1 Contributor

Dear Team,

This is to bring to your notice that, from past few days, we are unable to move forward after email verification, everytime it is getting rejecting at employment verification.  Can someone help me out to resolve this issue, i am also attaching company legal documents for verification.  I have also raised support ticket : 2108190010000435  and 2108190010000759.

I have project deadline, before that, i need to get MPN to submit for external audit.

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @nanichowdhary ,

thanks for reaching out to the community!

Please observe the best practice to not submit multiple cases on the same topic. It will create backlog in the support tem queue and you will experience a delay in getting the situation addressed.

Please use one single case and close the other one.

Let me know which one you keep open and I will forward it internally to be assigned.

Meanwhile please read these documentations as well: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/verification-responses

Verify your company profile - Partner Center | Microsoft Docs

Thank you for understanding,

Andra

nanichowdhary
Level 1 Contributor

Thank you Andra for your reply,  you can use this ticket 2108190010000435.

I have updated the same details multiple times, i have also followed many microsoft articles including the one you shared me, but i am stucked at employment verification and business verification. Please note that, we have a project deadline this week, where we need to show DDIS as Microsoft partners, otherwise we can lose the project. I request you to kindly assist me to achieve this. thanks.

Andra
Community Manager

great , thanks @nanichowdhary !

I understand the urgency and each case is different I cannotguarantee any timeline for resolution. I do appreciate your understanding and patience.

Also as an add-on to my previous reply this is a public forum, you should refrain from sharing any company or personal related information, Personal identifiable information, according to our community guidelines. I removed those lines to protect your data.

thanks,

Andra

nanichowdhary
Level 1 Contributor

Hi Andra,

This is to update you that, i have not yet received any update from the team regarding my ticket, can you please expedite my request, as i told you i have project deadlines this week.

AleksanderR
Level 1 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

I am experiencing the same problem that the thread starter experienced. I created a support ticket 9 days ago and still have not received a response.

Support ID 2108090040000790

Would have greatly appreciated if you could look into this matter.

Sincerely, Aleksander

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @AleksanderR ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! Looks like your case is being handled by one of our colleagues and yesterday an update was added requesting from you more information. Please see below, more details are on the case as well. If you are not sure about this step, please consult this resource: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/verification-responses

• Domain registration / Domain invoice at registration or renewal that lists Entity/User name and domain as it is stated on your account.

I trust you are on the right path now, please follow up on this case after you upload all the documentation and don`t see a progress of the case. 💡

Have a great day ahead,

Andra

AleksanderR
Level 1 Contributor

Hi again Andra,

I submitted the requested documentation on the ownership of the domain last Tuesday, but have not received any update on the case.

This is starting to rush for my company. Appreciate if you can solve this.

Sincerely, Aleksander

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @AleksanderR ,

Thanks for following up, I want to let you know I forwarded internally your case for review. 

If there is anything missing, the team will reach out you.

You can expect an update in the upcoming 48 hours.

Have a great week ahead,

Andra

younesh
Level 2 Contributor

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. I have searched, updated the address, etc., with no vail.

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have created two support tickets, one in English and another in Japanese. We are located in Tokyo, Japan.

2108120010000346 (JP)

2108110010000887 (EN)

Thank you.

Andra
Community Manager

Thanks @younesh ,

I strongly advise you keep only one case open, as duplicate tickets will only increase the backlog on the support side and extend the times for resolution. 🙂

Thank you for understanding,

Andra

younesh
Level 2 Contributor

@Andra 

Thanks for your reply.

I will do as suggested. I hope it will be solved soon.

Regards,

Younes