Hero Banner

Partner Membership Discussions

Discuss Competencies, Enrollment, MAPS and Renewals topics

Level 2 Contributor

Can't use Visual Studio benefits despite being Verified/Authorized

I've just had the weirdest support call ever. Few days ago I opened a ticket because for some reason we can't use Visual Studio benefits under MAPS. Someone calls me today and it goes like this:

Support: "Your account cannot be reactivated and we don't have any further information. This ticket will now be closed"

Me: "??? My ticket was about Visual Studio benefits"

Support: "Your account cannot be reactivated and we don't have any further information. This ticket will now be closed"

Me: "I don't understand what you're talking about. My MS account is perfectly fine, my problem is with Visual Studio"

Me: "Are you sure this is the right ticket? What is the next step for me - we'd simply like to start using the subscription we paid for."

So... any idea? Can someone translate that to English for me please? Ticket ID 2009100040005263

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Hi @tmpkn,

I appreciate this feedback and understand this was not the best experience. I am looking at ways of sharing it internally.

On MPC we don't have visibility over accounts, benefits and all the Partner information, but Frontline Support does, hence my advice is to try to submit a new case to get some clarity.

Thank you,

Andra

Level 2 Contributor

"Not the best experience" doesn't even begin to describe it. A total lack of respect - if that's what Microsoft calls "Partnership", I'd like to file for divorce please.

Level 1 Contributor

Was this the end solution to get your access resolved? I've been dealing with this for a month now and it's BEYOND frustrating. I've spent this money and I've been out of service ever since. This type of support is absurd and it starting to put a bad taste in my mouth, not a good way to start a partnership..

Level 2 Contributor

No solution in sight. They just took the money and ran away.

The only good thing that came out of it was the realization that you can't rely on a third party vendor to keep your business afloat, because they can go rogue at any time. We've been spending thousands of dollars on Azure and 365 services every month, but as of last week we are bringing everything back on prem.

Level 1 Contributor

That's awful, I've been developing for MSFT for nearly 30 years and this is my first experience as a "partner". This is a sham.

Community Manager

@tmpkn ,

Got it. Yes that is the correct way, I meant the topic and area you chose to direct this case. 

For example, raising a new case using these parameters should get you in contact with the right team.

Andra_0-1600174381230.png

thanks

Andra

Level 2 Contributor

That might be the correct way, but it gets us nowhere as the tickets are replied with "we can't help you and we won't tell you why".

If I took someone's money for a service and then told them "I won't provide that service" it would be considered fraudulent.

Community Manager

Hi @tmpkn ,

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us!

To confirm you can access all the other benefits under MAPS, apart from VS?

Can you also share what support path you used to create the ticket?

Thanks

Andra

Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

Originally I could, VS was the only one causing the error to pop up. Now it looks like it's spread to all of them.

I opened the tickets through the Partner Center portal.