Hero Banner

Partner Membership Discussions

Discuss Competencies, Enrollment, MAPS and Renewals topics

Level 2 Contributor

Action Pack Error 715-123160

I have been trying to use my benefits as an Action Pack member but I keep receiving the error:715-123160. I have contacted front-line support a couple times and I keep getting the canned response:

"Your access will not be reactivated as it does not satisfy Microsoft systems or security criteria. Please be aware of the fact that raising new support cases for this issue won’t change the communicated outcome."

No one can tell me the criteria that I'm supposed to adhere and I'm at a loss. My account is nearly a month in and I haven't been able to do anything about the problem. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

56 REPLIES 56
Visitor 2

I've opened a ticket, but the response was utter unhelpful. They just told me that due to internal security checks we are blocked, they could not share the criteria or a pathway to resolve it. Also told me to not insist and open another tickets as they were not going to resolve my issue. What kind of support is this?

Level 1 Contributor

It needs sorting. This experience has really soured my opinion of Microsoft and how they treat their customers/partners. I find it especially ridiculous since this is happening when we're applying for tools to help us advance with & promote their technologies, it's not a favor to us.

I wonder at what point they'll start doing this to customers who's production infrastructure sits in Azure?... "You failed to meet our undisclosed criteria, your access has been blocked & we won't be providing you with an explanation. Goodbye!". If they can do this to us then what's to stop them doing it to customers with live environments?

Community Manager

Hi @tolaawe ,

Alright. please allow 1-2 days or perhaps by Monday to get a response. (I will be honest I am not aware of their SLAs).

The team will be able to look into your account details and offer guidance.

Thanks,

Andra

Community Manager

Hi @tolaawe ,

according to your screenshot you got 715-123150, not 715-123160, so it might be a different case than the one discussed on this thread.

Please work with frontline support and follow the guidance they provide.

Thank you,

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Thanks, @Andra I have raised a ticket last night again but I am yet to get a response from frontline support. 

Level 1 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

I am unable to access my visual studio subscription after making all the necessary support. Every time I try, I get this error. We are unable to validate your request at this point of time. Please contact support with reference number: 715-123160 and transaction ID: 91646cf2-f2c3-4b46-b7de-0c661c0285ff.

I am equally frustrated at the kind of support and responses we get from your support team. Not a nice way to treat Partners.

Is there any help you can offer to ensure there is a local support team to help resolve this issue?

Community Manager

@DanielMagMat  thank you for your follow-up questions. 

Typically, if there is any additional information required from your end, it is highlighted to you via Partner Center.

Thank you,

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

As of this moment I understand no further action is required by me in the Partner Center. But anyway I would like to perform a series of tests with the goal of strenghtening the systems and security protocols from my end and making sure I am not liable (without the intention of being in that status) in any way (according to the security requirements from Microsoft).

Could you please advice or guide about critical points that I should focus on? Thanks!

Community Manager

Hello, 

Thank you all for your continuous feedback, mentions and patience while we investigated this matter! I am getting back with an update:

There is no additional step required for the users who received the 715-123160 error message. The message has been amended to reflect that in Partner Center.

Microsoft runs on trust, and therefore we engage in a rigorous set of evaluation and certification processes across third party individuals and organizations.

As a result of our internal processes, we are unable to reactivate accesses at this time.

Thank you for your understanding,

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Hi and thanks for the response to this issue.

I understand verification, evaluation and certification is very important in this matter. Also, that it is important to make sure security and business agreements are complying and enforced for that matter.

I would just like some guidance to run every test necessary and troubleshoot any unintended security (or business) issue that might have resulted in the blockage of the MPN Action Pack.

From your message it has made me clear that no further action is needed. But would like to know if these validations are run with certain frequency throughout the year or instead it is a unique time assessment that will flag for good the relationship with Microsoft.

Visitor 1

Dear,

This time i have to renew Microsoft Gold Partner but, when i click to membership offer>Renew>Electronic bank transfer.

i got info below:

Please help me let me know what should i do for next step.

We are unable to validate your request at this point of time.

One additional step is needed to validate your account. Our account team is on standby and ready to help you. Please contact us with this reference number: 715-123160 and transaction ID: eb9e3528-60bb-4bbf-a545-8660bdf3957c.

Level 1 Contributor

I subscribed to Action Pack earlier this month and have been invoiced accordingly

However, when I try to download any of the software (Windows Server 2019) or access the product keys, I get a message saying:

We are unable to validate your request at this point of time. One additional step is needed to validate your account. Our account team is on standby and ready to help you. Please contact us with this reference number: 715-123160 and transaction ID: 88401f9b-c7a2-4979-aa9f-1b52327c32fa.

I created a ticket today but was not able to view it under my list of 'open' tickets. Thinking it could be a browser related thing I tried creating a ticket from different browsers and even PCs but still did not have any luck. My Azure Credit is showing up fine though, so I know that the account is atleast partly functional.

Really not sure what is going on but I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi @lscelso ,

Thanks for the mention!

The only team equipped to support these sort of issues is the frontline support, as the Microsoft Partner Community is not the dedicated partner support channel.

For this error I am not aware of any available documentation or fix.

My suggestion here is to use the same case # and add a note to that ticket, or the person who raised the case and ask for more information (escalate).

Hope this helps,

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

The responses I have received from the Support team for this issue have been unbelievable. In a terrible way.

I activated my account on May 7th. Since then, I created a few Azure instances using the credit but nothing else. To check if the keys were working I generated a Visual Studio key but never assigned/activated it.

What I am getting told today is that my access was revoked but I cannot be told why. Also, I am not going to be credited the money back for the action pack because I created the Azure instances and generated the Visual Studio key.

I am beyond frustrated and even worse, do not know where to go or who to talk to about this. There is one Support person who is actually trying to be helpful but I am not sure how much she can really help me.

If anyone here could help me out it would be great.

Community Manager

Hi @allwet ,

Thank you for providing feedback!

Frontline support is the best way to benefit from guidance in this case.

Could you share with me please the case # you have open with support?

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

Thanks for reaching out. The latest/current ticket is: SRX620052992884041ID. I actually had a lead/supervisor reach out to me who asked for additional information. What he thinks is that the Verification process is failing and is preventing me from accessing the account correctly. I forwarded that information to him earlier today and am waiting for feedback on that.

Just seems strange. I had to originally go through the verification so that I could purchase MAPS and after the purchase the verification failed. Just want to add that I am really not interested in a refund unless it is the only option. I would rather just be able to use it.

Thanks.

Community Manager

Hello,

Yes, if there is still verification ongoing, please wait for the final approval.

If the verification failed, then most likely this is the reason preventing you from using MAPS. 

Kindly wait for further instructions from the support agents. I will investigate with an internal team your ticket # and add any additioanl feedback, if the case.

thanks

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Thanks @Andra 

I will continue to work with them. The thing that really confuses me is that I did indeed finish verification since it was a requirement to buy MAPS. But in the few weeks after the verification failed again and my access was revoked.

Visitor 1

I registered as a partner last month, it's taken me almost that long to get verified. I finally got my MPN ID two days ago, so I signed in to purchase the Action Pack subscription last night but didn't have my credit card on me so I thought I'd wait until the morning. I signed in this morning and it seems I now get the 715-123160 error when attempting to purchase the Action Pack. This didn't happen last night.

I've submitted a support request, but after reading this I don't hold out much hope. Come on Microsoft, people are wasting so much time on this when they should be actually doing things, for paying customers! 🙂

Visitor 1

I am having difficulty renewing a MAPS subscription.  The following error is received: 

One additional step is needed to validate your account. Our account team is on standby and ready to help you. Please contact us with this reference number: 715-123160 and transaction ID: blah blah blah.

I submitted a support ticket a month ago and the only responses I have received say "A pleasant day to you. I just want to give you an update regarding this escalated case. As per our Engineers, your access will not be reactivated as it does not satisfy Microsoft systems or security criteria."  

When pressed for the criteria that isn't met, I am only told "Apologies if that is the only information we can provide from our Engineers."

This ticket was escalated with basically the same respones.  My business's partner profile indcate that the verification status is authorized.  I am at a lose of what to do next.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.