Vitalis
Visitor 1

Account Verification - Domain ownership records, such as whois

Hello all,

currently it happens with my partner request constantly that the desired whois record is rejected. This does not make sense to me. Unfortunately I can't find anything online about what exactly is needed and the feedback from Microsoft is pretty poor. "Please provide additional document(s) dated within the past 12 months to verify your association with the organization. Examples of verification documents are as follows: domain ownership records, such as whois"

Is there anything specific to keep in mind when doing the whois? Do certain TXT records need to be set?

What has also puzzled me a bit is that the Partner Center only gives me the option to upload a domain ownership record. Before I uploaded 2x the whois, could I still select other verification methods?

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
jonnfr
Visitor 1

It looks like a few people have had this problem but it hasn't need answered. I'm adding us onto the list in the hope that it gets picked up

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@jonnfr @Vitalis Please submit a support ticket and return to this string and post the ticket number so I an check the status and work with you to figure out the problem. Sorry for your troubles with this! 

Partner Support Center