Hero Banner

Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)

Learn and ask questions on how to implement MFA

Level 1 Contributor

MFA and shared mailboxes

After much digging, I was finally able to get MFA to work with Windows Outlook connected to Office 365.  Now that it correctly prompts for the security token, I've noticed that it no longer displays Shared Mailboxes once I am logged in.  Is this supported?  Is there anything that I need to do to set this up?

Thaks in advance.

ps.

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft

Should be working as normal - did you maybe, during testing & fixing, create a new outlook profile and shared mailbox needs to be readded manually? Does adding the shared mail explicitly work, or does it fail with an error?

Kind regards,
Janosch
Level 1 Contributor

Thanks Janosch.  I used the existing profile, did not set up anything new.  I never actually added the Shared Mailboxes to my profile originally (under standard auth), they just showed up when I added myself to the list of members; that was equally annoying as there were certain mailboxes I only wanted to see periodically but I got everything all of the time.  I've noticed that there is an "Open these additional mailboxes" option under Account Settings / Advanced but the Add button is greyed out - not sure if there is a way to enable that or another way to add the list of shared mailboxes.

Any other thoughts?  I read one post where someone said they turned MFA off and back on again and it resolve the issue for them but I haven't had time to try that yet.

Regards,

ps.

Microsoft

Unfortunately I'm out of ideas - I have MFA, and can add additional mailboxes (Add button works).

Kind regards,
Janosch