Issues due to "Generalize" process in Azure
@RajWe have a customer use case that we want to implement on Azure. However due to Generalize process in Azure, we are unable to succefully implement customer needs. Here is a breif summary:
Workflow needed to meet customer's need:
- Create a VM
- Deploy one or more applications in it
- Add any files into the user’s desktop / directories if required
- Now create a VM image that is pre-bundled with the apps installed and data stored
- Use the image to re-create the environment in multiple VMs
Issue with Generalize Process:
- When we create a VM, we login as a specific user (say administrator)
- When we install most applications, there are certain user specific configurations and files that get saved within the user’s profile
- Azure has a process of creating VM images, which is called “Generalize”. This would remove all users in that VM and also the corresponding user profile data/configurations.
- When we create a new VM from this “Generalized” image, we can only create a fresh user. If the applications installed had any dependency on the user’s profile for any files/configuration – they will no longer work properly
We are able to achieve the customer use case on other Public CLoud Services provider so certainly can use them.
Question/help needed- Does anyone have a sloution to mitigate our challanges due to Generalize process on Azure ?
Re: Issues due to "Generalize" process in Azure
Thanks for your feeback. Please have the Startup submit a support ticket here:
Select -> Problem Type: Marketplace Onboarding -> Category: -> Technical Marketplace Query
In the email ask for a meeting with the Onboarding team, add link to this thread, include your offer Name, and pubilsher Name.