Hero Banner

Microsoft Partner Network

Where Microsoft's CSP, MSP, SI, and ISV partners seek new opportunities and learn from each other

Level 4 Contributor

Enterprise mobility Management

We're currently working towards Enterprise Mobility Management and as well as having issues with CSP data not appearing correctly in the portal I've been looking at the requirements and noticed that there are several tracks that can be completed to get the comeptency. What I've not been able to work out is what are the fundamental difrferences between the SMB and Enterprise tracks.

Also why is it that you need 20 new customers for SMB silver and only 5 for Gold or is it that you need 20 for silver and then only an additional 5 to get gold?

https://partner.microsoft.com/en-gb/membership/enterprise-mobility-management-competency

For what should be a reletaively easy competency for us to achieve is starting to get almost impossible especially as MIcrosoft Support have confirmed that M365 customers don't count towards the performance target.

5 REPLIES 5
Level 4 Contributor

Re: Enterprise mobility Management

Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of active users before a customer counts towards the new customer target?

We've recently sold to a few small organisations not wanting the full M365 licenses, but they don't appear to show up and I'm still stuck at 1 new customer.

Community Manager

Hi @JASA1976 ,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us on Microsoft Partner Community!

I will do an investigation and I will come back with a response in the shortest time. 

Thank you!

Mihai

Highlighted
Level 4 Contributor

@Mihai Thanks for looking in to this.

Have you been able to find anything out?

Community Manager

Hi @JASA1976,

Thank you for your patience!

I have checked your queries on this matter and I come up clarifications for your questions. 

Regarding your concern regarding your CSP data not appearing correctly in the portal I suggest you to contact front-line support and provide information of those subscriptions, they will be able to help and escalate the problem if it still persists. 

Moreover, about the competency, I understand the confusion because both of the options are similar. The right info is as per below:

- the main difference between gold and silver for each option are the number of active entitlements deployed. 

SMB Partner option, Silver requires to add 20 new Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) customers within the last 12 months and deploy 125 active entitlements. Gold requires to add 5 new Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) customers within the last 12 months and deploy 4000 active entitlements.

Enterprise Partner option, Silver requires to add 3 new Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) customers within the last 12 months and deploy 500 active entitlements. Gold requires to add 5 new Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) customers within the last 12 months and deploy 4000 active entitlements.

I hope you can see how important are the actual entitlements deployed for each option. The difference from 125 to 4000, respectively, 500 to 4000 is a big one, making the Gold competency harder to achieve for businesses. 

Thank you!

Mihai

Level 4 Contributor

@Mihai Confusion isn't between SMB and enterprise partner options or that you need 4000 for gold and either 125 or 500 active entitlements its the fact that for silver it says 20 new customers but only 5 for gold on the SMB partner option. This doesn't make sense.

Also what counts as a new customer? Is there a minimum number of active users? We've sold a few to small customers in the last year and they aren't reflected. Is it becuase there are only a couple of active users?