Hero Banner

Microsoft Partner Network

Where Microsoft's CSP, MSP, SI, and ISV partners seek new opportunities and learn from each other

Microsoft

Azure Partner Admin Link Preview

Introducing the Partner Admin Link Preview

To further empower the partners doing important work on behalf of other companies, Microsoft is proud to announce the preview availability of the Azure Partner Admin Link. Microsoft Partners are now able to associate a Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) ID with the credentials used to manage resources within a customer's environment. By linking the partner and customer at the account level - rather than subscription or tenant - reporting and insights can be enhanced for greater precision based on actions taken on the resource instance.

Azure Partner Admin Link Preview Resources

Recording of overview webcast: https://aka.ms/intropalpreview
Slide deck from presentation: Azure Partner Admin Link Overview (Preview) - April 2018.pdf
Preview doc and FAQs: Azure Partner Admin Link Documentation (Preview) - April 2018.pdf
Public documentation: https://aka.ms/partneradminlink

Next Steps

We encourage you to begin tagging admin credentials that you use to manage infrastructure and resources in your customers' environments. Please do not hesitate to contact AzurePartnerAdmin@microsoft.com for assistance.

In the coming weeks, we will publish a blog announcing the public preview of Azure Partner Admin Link and release a Reporting preview! To remain aware of Azure Partner Admin Link releases, submit feedback, or ask questions, please complete this brief survey: https://aka.ms/palsurvey
10 REPLIES 10
Level 2 Contributor

Re: Azure Partner Admin Link Preview

What about O365 Admins? can we expect something similar?

MSCE - Productivity
MCSA - Office 365
Microsoft

Hi Dean, this is an Azure specific program right now. My understanding is that the primary mechanism for managed services within Office 365 is CSP, which allows act-on-behalf permissions. I'd love your feedback on where there are improvement opportunities, though!

Level 3 Contributor

Dear Brain,

Thank you. It was a great webinar. 

We have a situation at client place, where a client wants to tag two partners as DPoR, one being us. From webinar, I got to know we can do it through PAL.

According to my understanding, PAL will get us consumption recognition towards competency requirements etc, but not usage incentives. Only the DPOR gets the incentive dollars. Correct me if I am wrong.

Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Basha,

BDM,

TheDataTeam.

Microsoft

Hi Basha,

Your understanding is correct. If TheDataTeam has access to the client's environment, you can associate your MPN ID with the credentials to receive recognition for your work and influence on Azure consumption.

We do not yet have a financial incentive associated with PAL, although we're working to finalize a model and hope to go live soon.

Best,
Brian

Level 3 Contributor

Dear Brain,

Thank you for your response. I understood the process.

Regards, Basha,

TheDataTeam

Level 3 Contributor

Dear Brain,

We recently added our MPN ID through Partner Admin Link(PAL) to one of our clients. Following are my queries:

1)For consumption tracking through PAL, do we have to refer My Insights on MPN portal?

2)How do I confirm whether MPN ID is linked to the account? Because we didn't receive any mail or notification saying our MPN ID was attached to the account through PAL.

3)How many days does it take to reflect on My Insights?

4)Do we have to submit POE for PAL as we do for DPOR?

Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Basha.

Visitor 1

Hi Brian,

Can you confirm that we can receive consumption recognition towards attaining our silver or gold competency requirements by using PAL?

This document is saying otherwise: 

https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/Microsoft-Partner-Network/Azure-Partner-Admin-Link-Preview/m-p/4625/thread-id/66?attachment-id=283

Kind regards,

Alex

Microsoft

The recognition reg. cloud platform competency requirements is not available yet, willl be during next fiscal year (after July 2019).

However, when this will be the case, the revenue for the last 12 months will count, so adding PAL now will definitely help to fuilfill the requirements in the future.

Highlighted
Level 4 Contributor

Is there any update on when we should see something on this. When is the first time in the partner portal that we should see the revenue being tracked?

Level 4 Contributor

Now that we are in to August should we be able to see something in the dashboard?

How are we supposed to be able to see what we are tracking on PALS?