Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

deploys resources to multiple regions in a single deployment

I asked the following questions in Build 2020 and they were answered, but I'm sorry to say I couldn't hear them.

"I want to create an Azure Application that deploys resources to multiple regions in a single deployment. How can we achieve this?"

Can you answer that question again?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft

Re: deploys resources to multiple regions in a single deployment

Hi Kuniteru,

Deployment of Azure Apps are done through ARM templates.  If you can deploy the ARM template's resources to multiple regions it will work also in the Azure Marketplace. 

Most partners will use the CustomUIDefinition.json file to ask the buyers in which region they want the solution deployed.  You could technically create a drop down of the regions for which each of the resources will be deployed.

Julio

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Re: deploys resources to multiple regions in a single deployment

Hi Julio,

Thank you for your reply.

I know that it can be done by writing regions for each resource in the ARM Template.

I'm using createUIDefinition.json, but I think I can make only one drop down of the regions in Basics tab.

Or is there an element of RegionSelector, like Microsoft.Compute.SizeSelector?

Or are you suggesting that I create my own list of regions in Microsoft.common.DropDown?

If so, then this is not the way I want to do it.

Because there are two reasons:

• Some subscriptions and some resource types may not work for some regions, such as free plan, sponsorship plan and Australia region.
  • I have to update and register createUIDefinition.json every time Azure add some new regions.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to write it, but it may be a request for a RegionSelector element for each resource type.

Kuniteru