Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Visitor 1

Onboarding our application and Azure extensions

Hi,

I'm looking to onboard my company's application on the Azure Marketplace. The application embeds a configuration wizard which is reachable through SSH. The issue I have is that we are using default credentials, and the onboarding team does not want to validate it because of that.

Our application is designed in a way which makes difficult to get rid of this default credentials. So what I have looked into, is the possbility to use the Azure Custom Script Extension to run a script which would match the user id who would be created through the Azure console and agent and the default one.

My question is, is there a way to automatically run extension for a Marketplace deployment ? Or is there a way to hook the waagent ?

many thanks for the precious help you could bring.

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft

Hi Jpa,

Yes, Publish the Virtual Machine offer and the use the image in solution template offer to run the scripts. Please go through the below conference for more information on Packing the artifacts and publishing on Azure Markeplace

Marketplace conference: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2018/BRK3603

Documentation:

Thanks

Sagar Muddana