Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Voon
Visitor 1

Kali Linux Image Missing in Azure Marketplace

The Kali Linux Image published by Offensive Security is missing in Azure Marketplace, any idea?

When I search "Kali Linux", this is the only image that shows up-  Kali GUI Linux by Techlatest.net

Voon_1-1637655112330.png

12 REPLIES 12
ntegral
Level 1 Contributor

Kali Linux on Azure is available in the Azure Marketplace and is accessible via RDP.

https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/ntegralinc1586961136942.ntg_kali_linux?tab=Overview

ntegral
Level 1 Contributor

@Voon @JanoschUlmer @ericsecuser @PCOUEDEL @kamppi : We have deployed Kali Linux on the Azure Marketplace and you can connect to it using RDP. For optimal performance using RDP set the graphics display to 16-bit.  Let me know if you have any questions: Kali Linux on Azure optimized by Ntegral Inc. – Microsoft Azure Marketplace

nasser1
Visitor 1

Your kali version is very expensive. the previous one was free. 

ericsecuser
Level 1 Contributor

Any News on That? We need Kali. Anyone know if Microsoft will put it back ?

Thanks

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@PCOUEDEL @ericsecuser : It is not published by Microsoft. You need to contact the vendor that did publish it - the Marketplace is where 3rd party vendors like "Offensive Security" can publish offerings, only a small number of offers is maintained by Microsoft itself (as described in the publisher information). If you want to know if this will return, you have to contact them.

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team
ericsecuser
Level 1 Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to upload myself an ISO of a VHD image of Kali. I didn't success yet.

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@ericsecuser : It might be due to the fact that ISO can't be uploaded. See here for info on how to publish a virtual machine offer: Plan a virtual machine offer - Microsoft commercial marketplace | Microsoft Docs

See here for using various support options for Marketplace publishing: Get support for the commercial marketplace program in Partner Center | Microsoft Docs

Kind regards, Janosch
PCOUEDEL
Visitor 1

I have the same problem 😕 Did you find solution ?

ntegral
Level 1 Contributor

We have deployed Kali Linux on the Azure Marketplace and you can connect to it using RDP. For optimal performance using RDP set the graphics display to 16-bit.  Let me know if you have any questions: Kali Linux on Azure optimized by Ntegral Inc. – Microsoft Azure Marketplace

kamppi
Level 1 Contributor

Thank you, I will try this option.

kamppi
Level 1 Contributor

I have a similar problem, Kali Linux just disappeared few days ago.

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@kamppi @Voon : "published by Offensive Security " - have you reached out the vendor to get clarity on this? 

Kind regards, Janosch