dswenson
Level 4 Contributor

NCE needs to be fixed ASAP!

@Microsoft, please fix the glaring issues in NCE. The program is completely unreasonable for your Partners and needs to be made more flexible immediately. Just ONE Example: 

I have an MSP Partner with a customer on an NCE agreement for 10 Business Standard licenses established a short time ago. Based on a recent development (they are adopting more Microsoft services) three out of the ten users MUST upgrade to Business Premium. Due to how NCE operates we are being FORCED to upgrade ALL ten of the users to Business Premium. This is not acceptable, and layering is a common occurrence with our customers. Please reach out to me directly with assistance as I have not been able to get in front of ANYONE on the NCE Team to discuss these issues. 

57 REPLIES 57
LisaNU
Level 3 Contributor

Interesting...  Unfortunately I don't have the volume to be direct so I do have to buy from a distributor and all the distributors are saying the same thing that Microsoft is not allowing them to do partial.  In your case, I can do an upgrade but it would need to be 10 business basic when I press the upgrade button.  I had a 171 business standard that I needed to 52 of them to business premium and I was told ONLY because my distributor account manager told me wrong, were they able to make that change.  I cannot do that going forward.

vbuzak
Level 2 Contributor

What if some of our long-term clients suddenly decide to close their doors? We don't always know what's happening with our customers, so for that reason we will now suddenly need to change the way we operate with ALL of our clients and either charge them in advance for the whole year, or increase our usual monthly prices by 20%, not fair to our long-term customer relationships. 

aroasdo1234
Level 6 Contributor

We have over 200 commercial customers and all of them moved to NCE with no problem. Either annual paid in advance, or monthly term with the 20%. Only about 10 went monthly. The rest went annual with no complaints. We worry more about these things then most of our customers do. 

LisaNU
Level 3 Contributor

We had not issue moving our clients over to NCE also... but now as business changes, we do have challenges when you are not direct, we can't do partial upgrades.

vbuzak
Level 2 Contributor

Microsoft NCE removed the flexibility that our clients previously had, for example when a person suddenly resigns or goes on pregnancy leave and the company doesn't want to replace them immediately.

aroasdo1234
Level 6 Contributor

This isn't much different than every other cloud service out there. But even on leave, would you really disable their license? I'm if they are coming back, you would leave their account alone. 

LisaNU
Level 3 Contributor

We would actually keep the "resignation account" alive for a month; and many times they have a new person coming in and now we have to juggle the accounts, or do a MTM and then remember to remove that MTM when we disable that resignation account.. lots more administration with this.  I get it change has to happen, we just need to be able to grow our business and locking in the the MSP with a 3 day window and not being able to upgrade partial subscriptions, is not growth friendly!

LisaNU
Level 3 Contributor

MSPs live on MRR and projects, it is our livelihood.  Microsoft has tied our hands of growth as projects for Azure moves happen - businesses make small moves when it comes to infrastructure changes... they cannot commit to the complete subscription upgrade.  We have to be able to do a couple business basic or business prem / defender to business premium as the projects happen!  

Don't muffle our growth with unreasonable limitations.

wbrianbenton198
Level 3 Contributor

Dear Microsoft - You've lost your way with IT Service Providers/MSPS. There is a lack of understanding on how we operate. You say you care about your partners but I don't believe it. We have no voice with a human being at Microsoft yet we as human beings we pay you money. You make huge profit margins and should at least be able to invest more money on human to human communication with your partners. You strong armed us using communist style tactics to comply with your new NCE program. When we moved all clients to NCE  you didn't even give us the common courtesy to standardize the renewals dates for all clients. The renewal dates are all other the place based on your algorithms. Then you took away our flexibility to change licenses based on customer's business needs and took away our ability to onboard new clients and take over reselling their existing Microsoft 365 licenses. Surely, during covid you realized that customers and MSPs need flexibility but instead you are more focused on what is best for Microsoft. You need to stop with all the marketing crap and start speaking the truth about who you are and what you want to do. You get away with a lot because the world is dependent on your products and you are in bed with the federal government.

idealtech
Visitor 1

Microsoft, you are realy hurting MSP busnesses with this.

MSPOwner
Visitor 1

I never thought I'd be tempted to move my clients to Google for a better experience...

mwerner007
Visitor 1

I have been an MCSE since 1997 (402263). You were so good to me as an MSP but now I am not feeling the love. I fear that you are becoming much, much too greedy. I am a small business owner to make make money and to help you make money. Why are you doing this? Pride is the fist deadly sin. Greed is the 3rd. Please reconsider.

TS79
Visitor 1

👎

aroasdo1234
Level 6 Contributor

The ability to upgrade exists in NCE. If you are indirect and don't see that option, then that is on your indirect provider and not Microsoft. Maybe you need a new provider?

LisaNU
Level 3 Contributor

I need more volume so I can be direct... send some client my way!  I want to be a big fish.  I am told all the distis hands are tied.

servsol
Level 2 Contributor

We need to make this easier, not harder for Partners to do Business! MS365 is rapidly becoming the standard, and business needs are changing all the time. Why make it harder for us partners to make neccessary changes for our customers? And why would you hold us responsible if a business' needs are changing?