Frizeo
Visitor 1

Windows 11 Broke my computer

I upgraded to Windows 11 from windows 10. I should've trusted my gut feeling and not do it, but I did it anyways. Initially I had a blue screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, after doing some research online, I did a system recovery back to an older update. (SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE), because now my whole computer is dead because of Critical Process Died. After trying different methods online to fix the issue, I can't. I can't even load my computer onto desktop or safemode. My only way of fixing it without sending my computer to the manufacturer is trying to install Windows again. But I can only try using a physical copy. Is there a way to get a free physical copy of Windows 10 without paying for it?

1 REPLY 1
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@Frizeo : I'm very sorry to hear that the upgrade did fail this way. Note that this forum here is not meant for product support for end users, but rather a place for discussion on support options and feedback from Microsoft Partners. The technical community to connect with for those questions would be Windows 11 - Microsoft Tech Community

You can create an installation media - for both Windows 11 and Windows 10 using Media Creation Toolkit: Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com) / Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com) - of course you would need to have access to another computer to create the ISO or prepare an USB stick.

Then usually devices sold with Windows preinstalled have a recovery OS image placed on another partition - you could contact your manufacturer for guidance on how to leverage this for reinstalling your OS. See also Option 6 from this article on how to get to startup repair dialogue if Windows does not start: Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team