Hero Banner

Feedback & Support Discussions

Provide feedback on your partner experience.

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

How to request refund for Annual Developer Registration

Microsoft support is a difficult to use how can i request refund for my account?

anyone know any proven way to work?

my account is @gmail.com and when i try to contact partner support they tell me i need an business email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How to request refund for Annual Developer Registration

Hi @paranic ,

Thanks for the details, I have removed the personal information from your post, to protect your data.

I`m afraid I have no visibility on your account and as the BOT information and the resources above where not helpful, I strongly recommend you create a case with support.

A support agent will have more visibility over your account and will be able to advise on next steps.

I am re-adding the support link for reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Annotation 2020-04-29 100111 (1).png

I hope you can find the solution together with the support team,

Andra

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Good day @paranic,

Thank you for your feedback! Can you be more explicit in why is support difficult to use?

Perhaps we can guide you to the right support area, for example checking this resource, if you haven`t done so already: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/support/

Thank you,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

how can i contact someone since there is no Refund button!! 

The support documentation misses some explanations on what to do if the refund button is not there.

It states that IF the button is there, but it does not clarify what to do if there is not.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @paranic ,

Can you please share the documentation where you saw this?

thank you,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

here it is

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4522164/microsoft-account-how-to-cancel-your-subscription

can you please help me request refund for partner ?

my account is not approved to upload applications to microsoft store and i got charged and they days are passing.

can you please help me with the refund ?

i am really having difficulties to do this.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks @paranic ,

If less than 30 days from purchase have passed, please get in touch immediately with support on this matter, following this link:https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/
Annotation 2020-04-29 100111.png

Also according to the Support BOT on this page, please note:

Refund for a subscription

To get a refund for a subscription, such as an Xbox Live Gold subscription, EA Access, Microsoft 365, OneDrive, or The Elder Scrolls Online, you must cancel your subscription within 30 days of purchase.

Here are a few things to know before you cancel your Xbox subscription:

• You can’t cancel a subscription if it’s past due or suspended. You must pay the past due balance before you can cancel or turn off auto renewal. For more info, see Pay for a past-due Microsoft subscription.
  • If you have a prepaid subscription, you won’t see the Cancel or Remove option next to your subscription. You won’t need to cancel or turn off auto renewal because prepaid subscriptions automatically expire, and you aren’t billed.

Hope this helps,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Here is what i got from the bot:

Cancel a Microsoft subscription

Here's how to cancel a Microsoft subscription:
  1. Sign in to Services & subscriptions with your Microsoft account.
  1. Find the subscription you want to cancel in the list, then select Cancel.
  1. Follow the directions on your screen to cancel the subscription.

And on my account i the following but no cancel button anywhere! its just again more support links!!

how can i cancel Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration and get a refund back!

Payment settings
Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration
Recurring billing off, expires on 15/04/2070
Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration billing history

i hope i didn't post any sensitive information

please advice me what to do!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @paranic ,

Thanks for the details, I have removed the personal information from your post, to protect your data.

I`m afraid I have no visibility on your account and as the BOT information and the resources above where not helpful, I strongly recommend you create a case with support.

A support agent will have more visibility over your account and will be able to advise on next steps.

I am re-adding the support link for reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Annotation 2020-04-29 100111 (1).png

I hope you can find the solution together with the support team,

Andra

View solution in original post