MrVega
Level 2 Contributor

How to escalate a problem?

I raised an issue because suddenly my Visual Studio licence no longer worked despite having used Visual Studio Professional for 2 years without an issue. Now it doesn't work. I raised a ticket... actually 3 between my boss and I. Still waiting for a response from Microsoft after 6 days. I've been chasing every day with emails. I've called and spent hours on the phone chewing the ear off whoever the poor soul is that answers the phone to me.

When will I expect a call back? How can I escalate this to a complaint? Nobody wants to speak on the phone. Clearly doing this online isn't working so I'm trying every avenue I can find now. Even trying Twitter. I found this forum today so I signed in, created an account and thought I'd give this a whirl.

Any chance of a call back?

9 REPLIES 9
Andra
Community Manager

Yes I understand, the screenshot clarifies that support needs to validate the MPN ID in the back end and this can take longer, however I have no visibility over their SLAs.

I really hope this solves soon, feel free to drop an update here, once your issue has been clarified.

Andra

Andra
Community Manager

@MrVega,

Please access the link I provided above that describes exactly the process of assigning VS licenses.

Thank you,

Andra

MrVega
Level 2 Contributor

Also, when I go to that list I get a list of names of people that can do it, but none of them can.

MrVega
Level 2 Contributor

I have done that. As I said, the problem is your side. If my boss goes to that list, he tries to assign a licence to me and it gives an error shown below. He can't validate his account because of a problem on your side.

We cannot fix this fault until someone on your side does something.

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @MrVega ,

Right now the fastest way to reach out to support is by submitting case requests.

Raising multiple cases on the same topic can duplicate efforts and extend the time for response from support, so I advise you simply update and leave notes on the same case in Partner Center to escalate and ask for updates on a single ticket.

I am not clear if Visual Studio license is a part of the partner benefits. Can you indicate what support path you used for this case from below?

Andra_0-1597076538705.png

thanks

Andra

MrVega
Level 2 Contributor

Unfortunately, I can't see the case request in my account. I have been emailing daily to get updates and I am still waiting. We're now on day 7 of waiting for an update. I received this finally yesterday which is an utterly useless response:

"...

Thank you for your inquiry about your Microsoft Partner Network account in Partner Center. We are currently investigating your Microsoft Partner Network account for MPNID XXXXXXX. We will update you accordingly. 

..."

Our VS licence is part of what we bought because between my boss and I we wasted hours trying to verify that a VS Professional licence was part of what we were trying to buy. Things were a million times easier when I just had a licence key. Things worked. Currently this sucks. We bought a Microsoft Action Pack Subscription. My boss received the email confirming it. I've attached a screenshot. So far, we've lost 7 days of what we've paid for.

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @MrVega ,

I assumed you are the Global admin assigned in Partner Center from your organization. Sorry about that.

The person holding this role should see the active and closed support cases on the left panel under support in Partner Center, nevertheless the fact you received this response means the case is already assigned to an agent.

The frontline support can best advise on this kind of issues, as the team has visibility on your account, benefits etc.

Please allow time for resolution.

Meanwhile, perhaps this documentation can help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4515204/visual-studio-subscriptions-benefits-tab-for-mpn-partners-in-partner-c

Thank you,

Andra

MrVega
Level 2 Contributor

And how long am I supposed to wait? Meanwhile, I cannot work on any development because there is a problem with the assigning of licences. So far, 7 days of work lost at £1000 a day. A 5 minute phone call would have solved this. If I provided support like this, I would be sacked.

I cannot see any licences available because of the problem on your side which nobody seems to be in a hurry to fix.

MrVega
Level 2 Contributor

@Andra Any ideas how I can get someone to contact me regarding my outstanding service request? I've tried every avenue I can find.