Hero Banner

Control Panel Vendors (CPVs)

Onboarded as a CPV, ask questions and learn how to keep your platform secure

Level 5 Contributor

Which APIs should CPVs query for Azure Plan

It seems Microsoft has some big plans for Azure Plan in 2020. However, it's not clear what APIs CPVs should use to interact with this new offer.

Examplehttps://docs.microsoft.com/partner-center/develop/get-a-customer-s-utilization-record-for-azure says "this API is not supported for Azure plans. If you have an Azure plan, see the articles Get invoice unbilled consumption line items and Get invoice billed consumption line items instead."

However, both of the linked articles say "Except for bug fixes, this API is no longer being updated. You should update your applications to call the onetime API instead of marketplace. The onetime API provides additional functionality, and will continue to be updated."

Can someone help us understand what the "onetime API" is & where it's documented? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @cjmod  & @Ties ,

Add-on to my reply.

I asked internally and got the following answer, hoping to get an in-depth clarification, after Holidays! 🙂

What this statement refers to is changing the value of the provider URI parameter from OneTime to marketplace in the calls to this API endpoint.  There isn't a separate API endpoint, just a different value passed to the existing endpoint.

Hope this helps,
Happy Winter Holidays!
Andra

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Hi  @cjmod & @Ties,

Great question!

It sounds like documentation for this item is in progress and probably more information will be released soon. 

However I would not rely on assumptions, so perhaps @idwilliams has some insights on this.

Thanks,

Andra

Community Manager

Hi @cjmod  & @Ties ,

Add-on to my reply.

I asked internally and got the following answer, hoping to get an in-depth clarification, after Holidays! 🙂

What this statement refers to is changing the value of the provider URI parameter from OneTime to marketplace in the calls to this API endpoint.  There isn't a separate API endpoint, just a different value passed to the existing endpoint.

Hope this helps,
Happy Winter Holidays!
Andra

View solution in original post

Level 5 Contributor

@Andra: Thank you for the clarification! The wording in documentation had me confused, but this makes sense Smiley Happy Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Community Manager

Glad this helped, @cjmod!

Have a happy and succesful New Year!

Andra

Visitor 1

I am also very interested in the answer to this question!