Hello from Microsoft for Startups - ScaleUp London/Europe team
I'm Amali de Alwis, the UK MD for Microsoft for Startups. My team and I look after the London based Microsoft ScaleUp cohort (which is open to applications from companies based across Europe). We'll soon be opening applications for our Summer/Autumn 2020 cohort (watch this space!), but if helpful in the meanwhile you can see a few more details about the London based ScaleUp programme benefits and eligability below.
Any questions about London ScaleUp feel free to post them as a comment here, or you can contact us on email@example.com.
As a side note, if your company isn't quite ready for the ScaleUp programme, there's still lots of other support you can tap into including through our Microsoft for Startups offer for qualified startups. More details on that offer here.
Microsoft for Startups UK ScaleUp programme:
The Microsoft ScaleUp program (previously known as Microsoft Accelerator) is designed for Series A startups and offers access to sales, marketing and technical support. Eligible startups partake in the immersive program, with successful graduates able to acess ongoing support from a dedicated team of Microsoft success managers.
Benefits for successful applicants include:
- 4-month Scale-up programme which includes business and technical training sessions and workshops delivered in Microsoft’s Reactor/Microsoft for Startups Space in London
- Co-working spots at Microsoft for Startups Space London for the duration of the 4 month programme (usually 1-2 spots, although occasionally we may be able to grant more)
- $120K or $250K Azure credits to explore Azure services for 1 or 2 years ($250K usually offered in two tranches based on Azure consumption)
- 1 year access to a selection of Microsoft products
- Support to list and sell on the Azure marketplace, with a Startup Engagement Manager assigned to all companies
- For suitable companies, support to access Microsoft co-sell opportunities
- Support through Microsoft for Startups team in London, Azure technical helpdesk and other Microsoft subject matter experts
- Programme delivered as a combination of remote and in person engagements.
- Late Seed/Series A or equivalent upwards
- B2B and B2B2C, although occasionally exceptions are made.
- Under 5 years in operation
- Revenue between $1M-10M per year
- Under $20M investment taken
- Cloud spend min $1.5K/month, and either be already on OR looking to add/switch to Azure
- Companies should not have previously received more than $120,000 of free Azure credits
- Companies should be privately held, and engaged in development of an innovative software-based B2B product or service that will form a core piece of their current or intended business - this software must be owned, not licensed.
Please note: We only accept cir. 35 companies a year from across Europe for this programme.