Hero Banner

ANZ’ Partner Zone discussions

A dedicated area for Australian and New Zealand partners to connect around local content and ask questions.

cyberkite
Level 4 Contributor

CSP Support Experience for Escalation of M365 Mac Issues

Hi All, 

I wanted to raise an issue with the way CSP Support escalation is handled if I have to escalate a M365 for Mac app issues for my CSP Customers. 

I raised it as usual with my distributor as I'm an indirect CSP partner. A ticket gets raised by distributor in our behalf and they ask me a bunch of questions and when we say anything related to Mac they immediately say they can't escalate and request that we get the end user to go as per this instruction: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/contact-support-within-outlook-for-mac-d0410177-8e65-4487-93f7-206a3a3d71a8?wt.mc_id=365admincsh_rave&ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

I have a lot of problems with this handballing practice by Microsoft CSP level 1 Windows Support team - which is where all CSP tickets end up first. 

I have a client with 2 directors and 2 staff that use Mac and the rest of the staff use Windows. Raising escalation tickets for Windows issues is not a problem but whenever I need to raise a escalation CSP ticket for Mac I get told to tell my client to raise it via the app itself. Which to me is unprofessional and  what it quietly indicates to the end customer directors who use Apple is that they should really cease billing with us and go with Microsoft directly. I thought the whole idea of CSP Support process is of us to handle all the support and escalate internally? Why is Microsoft CSP Level 1 team forcing my clients to raise it via M365 Mac apps? Its highly unprofessional crap in a commercial CSP program and it breaches the CSP indirect reseller support guidelines. 

Can this be cleaned up and allow for level 1 CSP support to be able to escalate to the Mac M365 team? 

I don't know who to turn to to get this process improved - I am so frustrated by this. 

8 REPLIES 8
cyberkite
Level 4 Contributor

Says Ive reached the limit of how many private messages I can send. Please dm me your email ad and I'll send you the details and my distributor contact.

BrookeMaddix
Microsoft

Hi @cyberkite  Absolutely Microsoft will support a CSP Indirect Provider supporting a CSP Indirect Reseller wit technical questions around Outlook or other elements of M365 on any approved device – Mac, iOS, Android and even Windows. I have sent you a message via DM to explore more on this case.

BrookeMaddix
Microsoft

Hi @cyberkite  

Absolutely Microsoft will support a CSP Indirect Provider supporting a CSP Indirect Reseller with technical questions around Outlook or other elements of M365 on any approved device – Mac, iOS, Android and even Windows. I will reach out to you via DM for more information. 

natalieMSFT
Community Manager

I escalated your feedback to the CSP support team so the current escalation processes can be reviewed. Thanks for bringing this up.

cyberkite
Level 4 Contributor

Mac M365 Support needs to brought into the CSP fold so that CSP resellers and distributors can have tickets transferred from basic level 1 CSP support to mac m365 csp support. Not via Mac Outlook app > Contact support. Mac M365 end users need to be treated equally in CSP program to maintain a unified experience (based on my example this might potentially be souring end users to leave M365 and go over to google workspace as their IT support is a unified experience, no difficulties in escalation between internal teams)

natalieMSFT
Community Manager

Hi @cyberkite - I hear your frustration. @BrookeMaddix - are you able to address this, or route within your region?

cyberkite
Level 4 Contributor

I spoke with one of the end users who uses Mac which happens to be one of the company directors and they don't have the time to write up complex technical emails that I should be doing internally and chat for a long time with the Mac Microsoft support team. Mac Microsoft team needs to be merged with Windows team or merged with same ticketing system and so that Mac and Windows team can transfer tickets between each other for CSP customers. Customer has requested to only deal with us as indirect reseller on all Microsoft matters - they prefer not to deal with Microsoft directly. And us as Indirect Reseller under a distributor need to follow the CSP Support rules - right? The optics are awful especially when a director is involved. Happens everytime at which point I end up just creating a workaround for the mac issue and cancelling the ticket. Microsoft CSP Support is a dogs breakfast - not a unified single team to help with escalations from resellers regardless of the os: Win, Android or Mac. 

cyberkite
Level 4 Contributor

Every time we escalate a CSP Mac support issueEvery time we escalate a CSP Mac support issue