Australian Power Partner Insider Community - Inspire, Bootcamps and Licencing updates
Hi Power Insiders,
In this post today:
- My Power session picks for Microsoft Inspire this Thursday 16 and Friday 16 July
- PL-200 and PL-400 bootcamps coming up in August
- Upcoming Power Apps pricing and licencing changes from 1 October
1. Microsoft Inspire Power picks
Have you registered for Inspire - our largest annual partner event – yet? It’s virtual and free, and runs this Thursday 15 and Friday 16 July. Most sessions run multiple times so you can pick the one that best suits you – or watch on demand. Use the ‘Refine results’ button to organise sessions by partner or session type, theme, solution area and more.
Here’s my pick on must attend sessions:
- Attend the keynotes: Inspire Opening on Thurs 15 @ 11am – 12:40pm + Into Focus on Friday 16 @ 11am – 12:30pm
- Join the local session: Australia and New Zealand Live Community Session on Friday @ 1 – 1.30pm
- There are 3 Power Platform sessions on Power + Azure, Power Automate and Power BI - or take your pick of the 10 Business Applications sessions on demand
- And tap into Digital transformation across industries which will be key in FY22 (various times) and Partner with Industry – unfortunately on Thursday @ 4.30am our time so we’ll wait for the on demand version!
There are also lots of chances for interaction with Microsoft experts and other partners in the Connection Zone so suggest you check that out too. Look forward to seeing you there.
2. Power PL-200 and PL-400 bootcamps in August
We have two Power skilling bootcamps coming up in August. These are critical for your Business Applications competencies and advanced specialisations.
- Power Platform Associate Consultant (PL-200) will teach you how to configure Microsoft Dataverse; create apps using Power Apps; create and manage Power Automate; implement Power Virtual Agents chatbots; and integrate Power Apps with other apps and services.
- Power Platform Developer (PL-400) will teach you how create a technical design; configure Common Data Service; create and configure Power Apps; configure business process automation; extend the user experience; extend the platform; and develop integrations.
Bootcamps are a great way to get certified. Training sessions run for 2.5 hours over 6 days to make sure you still have time for your day job, plus you’ll get access to hands on labs, a practice exam voucher, an Ask me Anything session with MVPs just before your exam – and your exam voucher. Register now for PL-200 here and PL-400 here.
3. Upcoming Power Apps pricing and licencing changes
We recently announced Power Apps pricing and licensing updates which will go into effect from 1 October 2021. Pricing has been reduced for the Power Apps per user and per app plans to make the platform more accessible, whether for customers with a small number of users or deploying at scale. Power Apps per app plan entitlements are also being simplified.
- Power Apps per user plan will be priced at $20 per user/month, a decrease from the previous price of $40 per user/month.
- The Power Apps per app plan will be priced at $5 per user/app/month, a decrease from the previous price of $10 per user/app/month.
- Additionally, we are simplifying entitlements for the per app plan by providing users with the ability to run one app or access one portal, in contrast with the current entitlement of two apps and one portal.
You can find all the details on these changes on the Licencing blog.
Until next time,