Matt_H
Level 5 Contributor

Solutions Partner - No CSP tier 2 customers, usage, or deployment showing for Modern Work - SMB

None of our CSP tier 2 customers are showing in the Solutions Partner Modern Work - SMB membership page. They show on the competencies pages and on the incentives pages, but not solutions partner modern work smb. Strangely, old tier 1 customers that we are no longer associated with and that we didn't move to tier 2 are still showing.

Any other partners that used to be CSP Tier 1 and were forced to Tier 2 last year missing all of their Tier 2 customers from the solutions partner qualification calculations?

I've had a partner center ticket open for this for 2 weeks and they seem to have no idea about the Solutions Partner system (or the different CSP tiers) at all. Every interaction with them seems to result in me teaching them, not them providing anything towards a solution. For example, they insisted I ask my indirect provider for our Microsoft Invoice; predictably the provider refused. Then in the next response, the support person asked for it again. Another example: they insisted that Deployments and Usage growth are only calculated for new licenses that have been sold in the last 12 months.

If any CSP Tier 2 partner that was previously Tier 1 reads this, I would love to know if the Modern Work - SMB calculations are or are not working for you.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
E_Tigunia
Level 2 Contributor

Thanks to this thread, I discovered that my organization may be having the same issue. I have always wondered why things were not showing up correctly. Hopefully after we make the changes, the issue will be resolved. We were initial CSP Tier-1 but are now CSP Tier-2.

Recently, I ran into errors associating CPOR revenue, usage or pre-sales with our PLA. None of our clients subscriptions are being found when trying to complete the association. Also, our metrics being reported to the Solutions Provider Insights dashboard and other reports have always seemed to be off as well and there has not been a potential reason until now.

I found that our PGA is associated with the CSP ID instead of the PLA. We are going to update the CSP ID to the PLA in our partner tenant and update it in our Indirect provider partner portal account. 

We have not actioned these changes yet, but are going to have a meeting on it to discuss the potential impact. I hope it will change the reporting and solutions provider metrics for the better and not the worse. 

I will update this thread after the changes are made and I am able to see the results. 

E_Tigunia
Level 2 Contributor

About a month ago I changed from our global MPN to our main Partner Location ID for our CSP designation in the Microsoft Partner Center and with our Indirect Provider. It should have never been there, but it was. 

There have been minimal improvements to reporting/scoring, but as best as I can tell there has been no negative impact. 

ChristianFUMEY
Level 5 Contributor

@JanoschUlmer, many thanks for this confirmation. If I resume so that I will be able to clean all the Partner Centers I see and without asking me any more questions:

1) The ID in the CSP part of Identifiers can be any in my vOrg tree, but to be sure that I choose the best one or one of the best ones, I can first verify in Incentives

2) If Indirect Reseller, my Indirect Provider must use this same ID in its portal

So some more questions:

- What is the MPA attached to? The CSP tenantID? The CSP MPN ID?

- If in CSP in Identifiers I enter a PLA ID from another vOrg, in fact it runs and Incentives will be paid to the other bank account? Can it be a supported way when I resell one of my entities to another company? (first in the simple case where this tenant is dedicated to CSP as recommended)

Christian FUMEY | OnLineO | Consultant & Founder | eCoaching Partner Center
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

MPA is attached to the tenant (the tenant where you do the CSP enrollment for).

Yes, it works this way, the other vOrg would probably need to enroll in an incentive program for this PLA also (if they haven't used the same PLA for CSP before). Good question if this is a supported way to split-off the CSP business to a different company, have not yet found a confirmation from my contacts in support - so I would double check via a support request before doing this. I just can confirm that it works technically.

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team
ChristianFUMEY
Level 5 Contributor

@JanoschUlmer : "Well, the MPN ID you change this too, is by definition the one the MPA is associated with". If you have many PLA and only some doing CSP, how to filter CSP ones? Even when there is only one CSP among many. With Legacy, I was also checking CSP Direct/Indirect Incentives enrollment, but now these programs have a Performance requirment before the invitation is sent. And now ALL PLA are invited to MCI.

Regarding how Incentives are paid when a wrong MPN ID is associated as ResellerID to a any incentivable transaction, Support gave me the rules that are applied to decide on which ParticipantID the rebates/fees will be paid.

"it might be that it was assumed now that CSP is always linked to the location ID" : I can confirm that even for partners with very simple MPN tree (only one PGA and one PLA) with anything perfect in Identifiers, SMMCS Competency or MW Solution or Subscription export from Insights are wrong.

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@ChristianFUMEY : There is no need to filter down to "CSP PLAs", the PLA you associate for the CSP enrollment will become the CSP PLA. The PLA used needs to match the country where the CSP enrollment was done n.

It is correct that all locations IDs will be invited to MCI program enrollment - this is because you could use all the PLAs for things like Partner Admin Link (PAL). When looking at the Incentive transaction reports you see which one is used for CSP (given you have associated CSP wrongly with a PGA, looking under which PLA the payments for CSP are happening is the only way to identify this - this is why I recommend associating the CSP enrollment with a PLA, so you have a clear match).

Kind regards, Janosch
Matt_H
Level 5 Contributor

@ChristianFUMEY wrote:

"it might be that it was assumed now that CSP is always linked to the location ID" : I can confirm that even for partners with very simple MPN tree (only one PGA and one PLA) with anything perfect in Identifiers, SMMCS Competency or MW Solution or Subscription export from Insights are wrong.

@ChristianFUMEY Are you saying that even where a PLA is associated for the CSP ID they are still not seeing any of their CSP tier-2 customers in Solutions Partner Modern Work - SMB?

ChristianFUMEY
Level 5 Contributor

I confirm that the 3 Customer-related Qualifications can very often show 0 or very less than the values there ought to be, especially for smaller partners. Not only for MW/SMB but in any Solution.

There are so many other incomprehensible points (for example, in MW/Enterprise, in Requirements check link for ''Link a partner ID for DPOR''. It's a page for Azure ??? And DPOR is back ???).

Because I worked 22 years at Microsoft, I will not list these (very too) many points in this public forum and I'm confident that Microsoft will fix this very soon. But for now, I keep explaining MCPP but stopped trying to understand the points other than skilling ones.

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

Changing the associated MPN ID for the CSP program will not have any negative effect, if you change it to an MPN Location ID in your/the same MPN organization (and not to an MPN ID of another MPN org, which is possible as well). All transaction history and incentives will be kept (see note below), no customer would notice any change as well. What might change is that in some reports in "Insights" the MPN ID where customers are reported under will be different.

I would recommend to first check the Incentive program - in the overview in there you see all active Incentive program enrollments, there might be one for each MPN location. As you can see in there, CSP incentive programs are associated with a MPN location ID, and there is no option to enroll for a PGA. So, if you use the PGA for the CSP program (in Settings - Identifiers), you can see that incentives are not mapped to this ID currently anyway, there is already some misalignment. Note that for CSP there is the "CSP Direct" or "CSP Indirect Reseller" Incentive program, and "Microsoft Commerce Incentive" program relates to any NCE license/Subscription sold as CSP.

For the CSP program association, use the same MPN location ID where you see the CSP incentives being reported under currently., If you choose another one, it might happen that incentive payments are interrupted, since then it would be a new incentive enrollment where you need to reach the threshold again. 

@ChristianFUMEY :  Re. "If I modify this CSP ID from its current value, PGA for example to one PLA, how may I be sure that the PLA is one of those associated to an MPA? "

Well, the MPN ID you change this too, is by definition the one the MPA is associated with 🙂 As mentioned above, I would recommend using the one where you see the incentives happening under.

Reg. "What must be done by Indirect Provider on his side?"

Not required to change this on the provider side - I would again recommend that the provider uses the same MPN location ID where you see the incentives happening under.

Overall - I can't confirm that this will solve the problem you face, might be another issue with NCE - I would not be surprised if this is the cause of the problem though since we do block associating a PGA to the CSP enrollment since years now, and when designing the reports & MPN program it might be that it was assumed now that CSP is always linked to the location ID. 

Kind regards, Janosch
ChristianFUMEY
Level 5 Contributor

I confirm this problem of none of the CSP Tier 2 customers showing in the Solutions Partner Modern Work - SMB membership page. They show on the competencies pages and on the incentives pages, but not solutions partner modern work smb. I see the same at many partners I'm working with. If you analyze Subscriptions, at some of these partners, I can see that the revenue for NCE doesn't show after subscriptions were migrated.

To confirm this could be because of a wrong MPN ID in Identifiers/CSP, I'm also very very interested in a full doc about this Modify button. I'm already in touch with Support, but they don't have more than docs.microsoft link and it is useless. If I modify this CSP ID from its current value, PGA for example to one PLA, how may I be sure that the PLA is one of those associated to an MPA? This validated, what occurs after? What must be done by Indirect Provider on his side? Etc.

We need a very detailed howto and consequences of each step.

Many thanks

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@Matt_H : No direct idea what is not working here, a few thoughts/questions:

- For customer you have as Indirect Reseller (2-tier reseller), do those customers show up as customer in your Partner Center? Do you have delegated admin permissions (DAP or GDAP)?

- I could imagine a problem could occur if the Indirect Reseller enrollment is linked to a global MPN ID, not a location MPN ID. Could you check the Indiorect Provider has linked the correct MPN ID (Location ID) to the sale? Note that for Incentives it might work with a global ID, but there is a reason associating CSP with the global ID is no longer possible since some years.

You can also send me a private message - I'm not working in MPN support, but I could maybe take a look into this. 

Kind regards, Janosch
Matt_H
Level 5 Contributor

@JanoschUlmer 

All of our tier-2 customers show up as customers in Partner Center. We have delegated admin access through the partner center to all of them. They all also correctly credit toward the (old) competencies and incentive payouts.

Other than asking our indirect reseller which MPN ID they have associated with us for our customers, is there a way I can check that directly?

In partner center > account settings > Organization profile > Identifiers > CSP the associated MPN ID is our Global ID, not a location ID. There's an update button, but it gives warnings about continuing with it and I don't see good documentation regarding what it will do exactly.

Thank you for the PM offer. If any replies contain sensitive info I will do so. The public answers might be useful to someone in the future.

This already sounds more promising than a 2 week old MPN support ticket.

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@JanoschUlmer Do you have any resources that would help here? Thanks!