Betty's Top 5: MPN Newsletter September 2022
Evolution of the Partner Network
The move to the Microsoft Cloud Partner Program is around the corner. To ensure that you are ready for the changeover on October 3, make sure you renew your competencies by September 30 and plan how you will attain your new Solutions Partner designations. With our updated program anchored in the Microsoft Cloud, you will be able to differentiate your business in the marketplace and get support to grow and accelerate towards your continued success as a Microsoft Partner.
Further guidance is available in the Solutions Partner playbook below, while there’s also a detailed look at the Security designation. With these resources on hand, we are so excited to embark on this journey with you. Together, we will grow our ability to provide innovative, customer-centric, trusted solutions.
CTO, Global Partner Solutions, Canada
1. Microsoft Cloud Partner Program – the countdown is on
Our Microsoft Cloud Partner Program (MCPP) shifts away from legacy competencies into six solution area partner designations designed to enable your growth and accelerate your business. As the October 3 changeover date fast approaches, here are some important milestones to be aware of:
• September 30, 2022: The last day to renew a competency.
• October 3, 2022: Solutions Partner designations are available to attain. Competencies and associated badging will no longer be valid, but partners that obtained a competency by September 30 will continue to receive the benefits to that competency until your next renewal date.
Don’t forget to consult the Solutions Partner benefits guide and FAQs to help plan your transition to the new designations. If you need assistance or have questions you can log a support request via the Partner Center.
2. Solutions Partner designations for customer success
The Solutions Partner associations playbook provides guidance on how to associate your activity and success with customers towards earning a Microsoft Solutions Partner designation. Discover how associations are acknowledged and calculated to achieve the designation (s), as well as gain clarity on partner benefits. Our playbook reviews:
- Digital Partner of Record (DPOR)
- Claiming Partner of Record (CPOR)
- Partner Admin Link (PAL)
- Cloud Solution Provider (CSP)
3. Counter cyber threats as a Solutions Partner for Security
Do you have the skills to protect your customers from increasingly sophisticated cyber-attacks? If yes, read our MPN blog entry which explores how you can earn the Solutions Partner for Security designation.
Dive deeper into how the two legacy competencies of Security and Enterprise Mobility Management map into the new designation. Additionally, learn about the specific requirements and resources relevant to obtaining it.
4. Get started with Azure Health Data Services
Enable workflows to improve healthcare and offer scalable, more secure solutions for your customers with Microsoft Azure Health Data Services. Check out the learning path to gain an understanding of the platform and its core components.
5. Microsoft and Vena revolutionize the office of finance for the new era of business
Microsoft partner Vena is committed to investing in product and solution innovations. This recent collaboration puts finance at the heart of strategy in times of uncertainty and volatile business environments, unlocking the full power of leading cloud-based data analytic capabilities of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft 365.