What happened to ISV Starter Pack
I have just renewed my companies Action Pack but it is not offering the plan we were on ISV Starter Pack.
Am I doing something wrong, we were happy with this plan and it was only introduced a year ago!!!
Thank you for getting in touch with us on MPC!
Can you please confirm you’ve received the below message from Microsoft?
To deliver the right benefits to help ISVs build, market, and sell their innovative apps, Microsoft is taking a different approach from competencies, which are oriented toward services partners.
There won’t be an ISV competency, but there will be offers that help ISVs accelerate application development and delivery and increase customer reach. These offers will exist alongside the services-oriented competencies, with benefits that align to the needs of ISVs.
Microsoft is planning to release the ISV offers in Q2 of 2020 fiscal year that starts July 2019. An offer for ISVs that build line-of-business business applications using Dynamics 365 and Power Platform was announced in April, and more information is on the Microsoft partner website.
Any updates on ISV will be available under this link.
- Partners with the ISV gold or silver competency who reach their anniversary date + 30 days, no longer have the renew option available.
- You can however choose another competencyto work on towards attainment.
- Please sign in the ISV Resource Hub to get more details.
- More ISV resources are available until new offer requirement are released in our downloadable guide.
We understand that you want access to Microsoft products and technologies so you can build, test, and demo your solutions. Based on what you’re building, here is what Microsoft offers:
- Sign up for free Microsoft Visual Studiotools and services
- Sign up for free Microsoft developer licensesto drive M365 integration
- Enroll in Business Applications ISV Connect for access to Dynamics 365 and Power Platform developer and test environments
- Purchase a Microsoft Action Pack for access to product licenses
- Publish your application in the commercial marketplace for access to Azure dev/test/proof of concept licenses(marketplace rewards information)
- For a more comprehensive understanding about the changes, I suggest you to check this article.
Ok thanks for the info. We are a small ISV who develop and promote Microsoft solutions to our customers. Naturally our clients choose other other Microsoft technologies such as Dyanmics AX / CRM to integrate seamlessly with our solutions.
For what I can see we have a reduction in our licensing as follows:
10 O365 Accounts down to 5
5 Developer Accounts down to 3.
Are you saying if I read through the links in the email there is an alternative ways to keep the benefits the same?