Hero Banner

UK Partner Zone Discussions

A dedicated area for UK Partners to connect around readiness events and content at a local level.

Level 1 Contributor

What happened to ISV Starter Pack

Hi,

I have just renewed my companies Action Pack but it is not offering the plan we were on ISV Starter Pack.

Am I doing something wrong, we were happy with this plan and it was only introduced a year ago!!!

Many Thanks,

Richard

ISVStarterKit.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: What happened to ISV Starter Pack

Hi Richard,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on MPC!

Can you please confirm you’ve received the below message from Microsoft?

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

To deliver the right benefits to help ISVs build, market, and sell their innovative apps, Microsoft is taking a different approach from competencies, which are oriented toward services partners.

There won’t be an ISV competency, but there will be offers that help ISVs accelerate application development and delivery and increase customer reach. These offers will exist alongside the services-oriented competencies, with benefits that align to the needs of ISVs. 

Microsoft is planning to release the ISV offers in Q2 of 2020 fiscal year that starts July 2019. An offer for ISVs that build line-of-business business applications using Dynamics 365 and Power Platform was announced in April, and more information is on the Microsoft partner website.

Any updates on ISV will be available under this link.

Notes:

• Partners with the ISV gold or silver competency who reach their anniversary date + 30 days, no longer have the renew option available.
  • You can however choose another competencyto work on towards attainment.
  • Please sign in the ISV Resource Hub to get more details.
  • More ISV resources are available until new offer requirement are released in our downloadable guide.

We understand that you want access to Microsoft products and technologies so you can build, test, and demo your solutions. Based on what you’re building, here is what Microsoft offers: 

Thank you!

Mihai

Level 1 Contributor

Hi Mihai,

Ok thanks for the info. We are a small ISV who develop and promote Microsoft solutions to our customers. Naturally our clients choose other other Microsoft technologies such as Dyanmics AX / CRM to integrate seamlessly with our solutions.

For what I can see we have a reduction in our licensing as follows:

10 O365 Accounts down to 5

5 Developer Accounts down to 3.

Are you saying if I read through the links in the email there is an alternative ways to keep the benefits the same? 

Many Thanks,

Richard

Community Manager

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your reply!

For a more in-depth knowledge about Microsoft's competencies, it is recommended to read the articles from my response. This will help you understand what is currently available and to choose the right option for your business.

Moreover, please find attached a table with what is achievable in terms of MAPS Action Pack.

Thank you!

Mihai