Hero Banner

UK Partner Zone Discussions

A dedicated area for UK Partners to connect around readiness events and content at a local level.

Robert_SHI
Visitor 1

CSP - Windows 7 ESU Price increase?

Hi All,

I have a Server subscription price list downloaded from December and one from this month and I can see the price for the Windows 7 ESU SKU has since increased. Is this correct? I havent seen any price increase announcements. What's odd is that if you go back to partner center to download the December price list again, the price has increased since the original one that was avaialable for download back in December.

1 REPLY 1
gugregor
Microsoft

Hi Robert,

On December 2, Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) were made available to businesses of all sizes through Cloud Solution Provider (CSP).  

On December 6, we identified a price discrepancy with the Windows 7 Extended Security Updates available through the CSP channel and have fixed the price discrepancy on the CSP pricelist on December 10. This ensured that all commercial customers had the same suggested retail price for the Windows 7 Extended Security Updates.

If you transacted Windows 7 ESU through CSP in December 2019, we will retroactively make the price change and honor the lower price. You have 90 days from when you received your invoice to reach out to CSP CSS to receive the credit. A support ticket will need to be opened via this link.

Thank you for your understanding.

Guy