Hero Banner

UK Dynamics 365 Community

gavinnixon
Level 6 Contributor

Multi-Geo Locations for Dynamics 365 Business Central

On a Microsoft Partner call several weeks back we were led to believe that there would be an annoucment coming shortly around the ability to use multi-geo locations with Business Central, so that in the same Office 365 tenant, you can have for example a UK instance of Business Central, and a US instance of Business Central.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilDraoper
Level 2 Contributor

One thing I forgot to mention is that I had a discussion with the program manger for the BC world wide delivery team in The Hague at Directions about this topic and he confirmed it is a important topic that they are struggling to solve with the current configuration.

I sell another ERP product that has been big in multi-national companies and have clients all over the world using the same product so we are experiencing some pain when new prospects in our target prospect list ask about BC so we either sell them our private cloud with subscription or recommend the other product. 

D365Experts

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PhilDraoper
Level 2 Contributor

It was mentioned but the issue is not a BC one. It is a technical problem with the way the infrastructure has been designed and the last time I heard from MS BC team about this they very much would like it but it was a major change to the infrstructure and therefore would not be anytime soon!

If we need this feature we host BC in our private cloud for the customer. Using the Azure hosting would be another option but may be at a higher cost. There is a deal in the UK to pay a lower price if BC is hosted in Azure but you would still need to take the consumption into account unless you use QBS at a flat rate.

D365Experts
gavinnixon
Level 6 Contributor

Thanks for your update Phil.  It's clear from the community that this is required but it's frustrating that no-one at Microsoft seems to be able to shed any further light on this.  It's difficult as partners to not be able to give prospective customers an answer with any great deal of confidence.

PhilDraoper
Level 2 Contributor

One thing I forgot to mention is that I had a discussion with the program manger for the BC world wide delivery team in The Hague at Directions about this topic and he confirmed it is a important topic that they are struggling to solve with the current configuration.

I sell another ERP product that has been big in multi-national companies and have clients all over the world using the same product so we are experiencing some pain when new prospects in our target prospect list ask about BC so we either sell them our private cloud with subscription or recommend the other product. 

D365Experts

View solution in original post

gavinnixon
Level 6 Contributor

Thanks for the update Phil

ChrisGCC
Visitor 1

Just to confirm there is demand, we also have two prospects wanting Multi- Geo locations for separate business units, one is UK and USA, one is UK, France, Hong Kong, USA and Singapore

Would be interesting to know more - and if not then whether a partner in one geographic area would be able to spin up a tenancy in a different zone such as USA or Far East? 

SteMacDonald
Visitor 3

I can see this becoming a big requirement for many companies.

Have you created an entry on the ideas page for it?

https://experience.dynamics.com/ideas/list/?forum=e288ef32-82ed-e611-8101-5065f38b21f1

DarrenBayley
Visitor 1
sam_clements
Level 4 Contributor

Not sure anyone had added the idea because we'd got wind that there would be an announcement!

Ian_Bourne
Visitor 1

We also have a customer who wants to transact in UK and US, and not just around multicurrency but separate business units.

gavinnixon
Level 6 Contributor

Can anyone at Microsoft help to answer this thread?

gavinnixon
Level 6 Contributor

@RobertPope is there any further information on this yet?  We have a customer waiting to implement Business Central into their UK and US operations.