Hero Banner

Training and Marketing

Find the Microsoft SAM Partner training and marketing resources here

Microsoft

SAMTalks #1 Get SAM MCP Exam Prep tips from the expert!

Still wondering how to prepare for SAM MCP 70-713 Exam? Watch the 15 mins #SAMTalks video from Microsoft Cloud & Licensing Lead Rudy Sias @Anonymous and take the exam with confidence! 

https://youtu.be/Ke10duYEXwI 

SAM MCP Prep Banner Blue.png

Join Microsoft Partner Community here: https://aka.ms/mpcsam. Watch the video to learn the tips on how to take SAM MCP 70-713 with confidence!
9 REPLIES 9
Influencer

Re: SAMTalk #1 Get SAM MCP Exam Prep tips from the expert!

There's a new angle if you run a SAM practice or if you are thinking about starting one. The secret sauce is to add Cyber Security as a great reason for making sure that you have 100% control of what software assets that your customers are using on premise, at a hoster and in the cloud(s). Now knowing increases exposure to risk and I see this is a great opportunity for partners with a SAM practice to help their customers being more secure.

Regards, Per

Level 5 Contributor

.... and ... with GDPR (new EU Privacy and Information Protection Regulation) going live May 25th 2018, (cyber)security becomes even more important. Hot topic!

Regards, Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, attached is the slide deck from the #SAMtalk. Here you'll find all the links from the video.

Microsoft

The video now published on MPN YouTube! Check it out: https://youtu.be/Ke10duYEXwI

Join Microsoft Partner Community here: https://aka.ms/mpcsam. Watch the video to learn the tips on how to take SAM MCP 70-713 with confidence!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The training only helped with the SOM portion of the exam,  you have to be experienced in the field to pass.  I passed last week, 2nd November 2017, but it is a tough test.  Worth it though.

Highlighted
Level 5 Contributor

Re: SAMTalks #1 Get SAM MCP Exam Prep tips from the expert!

Pfiew, this 70-713 was much tougher than previous 673 SAM Exam. But good to experience the industry standards included. I passed (yeah). Just a not, exam preps state that you have to have 6 - 12 months experience in the SAM field to be able to pass, I recommend that at least 2 years of true experience would come in handy ;-)

Microsoft

Congratulations @Peter_van_Uden! 880!!! that's awesome! Any tips you'd like to share with other partners who haven't take the exam?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You crushed my score of 848. And I agree, it is a fairly tough exam, but that was by design. We want to make sure we hold our Certified SAM Professionals to a high standard. And as far as I know, you have the highest score I've seen!

Level 5 Contributor

Hi All, my experience, well ... The bar is set high. The real exam doesn't reflect in any way the tests which are available at gitlicensingready.com (unfortunatelly). You need to have a lot of insights in and experience with business processes, setting up and maintaining a SAM practice. So what is written that you need to have 6 - 12 months of experience is - in my humble opinion - not enough to take the exam based on 'day-2-day' experience. Study the SOM model thouroughly. For those who want or need to take the examp, prepare as much as you can. I know licensingschool has some trainings. And since Quexcel is also a training partner for licensing, I'm thinking about setting up a class room 70-713 preparation training for the Benelux. Anybody in potential interested? Let me know. Might anyone need any additional info for preparation? Please do reach out. Enjoy your day.