Hero Banner

Security

A dedicated area for Partners to connect on the topic of Security

Influencer

Getting Started, Resources, People and Skills Needed - Start the conversation

To build a Microsoft-centered security practice, you have to rely on your partners, Microsoft and others, regardless of whether you are fresh or a seasoned organization. We work closely with Microsoft, and with WatchGuard and others because their security offerings line up well with our customer base.

Building the skill set is the most important piece and educating your staff. Yes, the tools are available, but do you know how to use them? Do you know how to make the most out of it? That’s one.

Two, can you communicate effectively the need for security to your customers? You could be the best at that technology and be an expert, but does the message come across to your customers that you have something useful and reliable. Something that will help them build their business. Those are the most important pieces.

We are using the cloud more as is the same with our customers to use it as well. To overcome the security concerns is not always easy. And it’s not always easy to find the right skill set to build your team.

Microsoft has all the training programs and resources that you need to run a security practice, especially for partners.

They’ve got special training programs, but you’ve got to keep on top of it. It’s not just relying on Microsoft. You have to get out there where the conversations are happening, like Yammer, and seek out the opportunities. Microsoft will make the tools available, but you need to seek out the right solution to your customer’s problems. You also have to want it.

Our goal is to provide the highest quality cyber-security technology, services and actionable information to protect our customers’ & partners valuable business assets. Start the conversation with someone like eMazzanti Technologies and just see how much of a positive impact that results. If an organization like eMazzanti Technologies is unable to be your playbook, check out this offer from Microsoft, The Security playbook: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/campaigns/security-playbook

4 REPLIES 4
Influencer

Re: Getting Started, Resources, People and Skills Needed - Start the conversation

Great thoughts Carl!

There are great opportunities in Security in general! And eMazzzanti is a great role model being an inspiring thought-leader! 

I'm personally on the look-out for Cybersecurity SaaS solutions driven by AI, as I believe that there is a great demand for that and with the right solution I can scale it up! :-)

Regards, Per

Influencer

Re: Getting Started, Resources, People and Skills Needed - Start the conversation

Per, there are a ton of SaaS based AI platforms.  For sure, there is never a lack of security tools available.  My firm, eMazzanti, selected some to add to our arsenal in 2019 and would be happy to discuss with you the ins and outs of each we considered to save you time.  For sure, this is a hot segment and it will be interesting to see how the Microsoft offer SEIM will tie into the now available solutions.

Per glad you enjoyed the post, and please do keep the conversation going.

Influencer

Thanks Carl! My aim is to invest money in a Cybersecurity SaaS company and in addition help them with my knowledge re how to scale-up!

/P

Highlighted
Level 6 Contributor

Hi Carl,

In this particular context of emerging and disruptive technologies, Cyber Security would unavoidably become the masterpiece of all Cloud participants, whether they're partners or customers. Investing in it is now more crucial than ever considering the opportunities at stake and the perils on risk. The partnership here must strong, bold and secure.