Hero Banner

Reseller Discussions

The Cloud Solution Provider program puts the partner in the center of the customer relationship – learn more

Level 1 Contributor

migrate subscription from one CSP to another CSP

How can I migrate a dynamics 365 subscription from one CSP to another CSP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ficocampero, thanks for asking. There are no automated transitions of subscriptions. However, this can be manually accomplished using Multi-partner capabilities. 

To “transition” a subscription from one partner to another partner:

1. The new partner uses the “Request a Reseller Relationship” link in Partner Center to establish a CSP relationship with the customer.
  2. The new partner then provisions the desired subscriptions and seats for the customer (for example, the same Office 365 SKUs that the customer purchased through their original CSP partner).
  3. The customer instructs its first partner to cancel its CSP subscriptions.
  4. The customer continues forward with the second CSP partner. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Visitor 1

A more specific question relating to Dynamics 365.

My understanding of transitioning the user licencing is relatively straightforward and as per this forum.

• We setup the new subscriptions using our CSP provider and add them to the customer tenant.
  • We can then remove the current resellers CSP subscription from the customer tenant and the customer’s users will still be licenced
  • There should be no affect or outage for the customer

My specific questions is in relation to the Dynamics 365 environments:

• When we add the new environment subscriptions from our CSP provider, and remove the environment subscriptions from the old CSP provider, what impact does this have on the envionments? DO they continue to work seamlessly, or do we need to get in touch with the fast track team to ensure they transition properly
  • What I’m trying to avoid is
    • Having any environments stood up or down based on the transition across to a new csp provider

Can you help, or provide guidance?

Microsoft

Note that removing the subscriptions from another CSP reseller is not possible for the new reseller (or the customer), the old CSP reseller needs to suspend those licenses/subscriptions himself in order that those are getting removed from customer tenant.

The process works similar for Office 365 and Dnymics 365. Just be sure that you see the new licenses before the old ones are getting cancelled - and that the new ones are of same type/same SKU (e.g. the customer should see the double amount of licenses for a short period of time). If the new licenses are different SKUs or added after the old have been suspended, manual reassignment is required.

Kind regards,
Janosch
Level 1 Contributor

I would like to be sure there will be no compromise to the data? i wanting to move a Dynamics Business Central customer from one Partner to another. Will all their data remain intact?

Microsoft

@Saadiazakki : Yes, this has no impact on the data. There will be no technical move or migration of any service or data, you just exchange the licenses.

Kind regards,
Janosch
Level 3 Contributor

Hi. I hope you are doing well, I just want to know how can I be Ressler and witch partner is good and if it's possible to take a product from MS directly I have made a partnership application but rejected for verification I don't know why if you can help me in it pls advise what can I do with it.

thanks a lot in advance 

Ahmed

Ahmed Eladham
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your message.

Please note I have addressed your query here: https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/Feedback-Support-Discussions/reject-email-and-business-verification/m-p/19096

Thank you,

Andra

Visitor 1

I am going through this same transition right now.  Were you successful?  Did it work seamlessly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ficocampero, thanks for asking. There are no automated transitions of subscriptions. However, this can be manually accomplished using Multi-partner capabilities. 

To “transition” a subscription from one partner to another partner:

1. The new partner uses the “Request a Reseller Relationship” link in Partner Center to establish a CSP relationship with the customer.
  2. The new partner then provisions the desired subscriptions and seats for the customer (for example, the same Office 365 SKUs that the customer purchased through their original CSP partner).
  3. The customer instructs its first partner to cancel its CSP subscriptions.
  4. The customer continues forward with the second CSP partner. 

View solution in original post

Level 1 Contributor

Thanks!

Federico Campero │ Sales Manager │ Axxon Consulting │ Partner N° 1 de Microsoft Dynamics en Cono Sur
T: +56 2 2580 1290│M: +56 9 5758 4331 │Skype: ficocampero
José Antonio Soffia #2747 of.401, Providencia, Santiago (CP 7510046)
Síguenos en: Twitter │ Facebook │ Linkedin

[cid:image001.png@01D37328.834A0A30]