Hero Banner

Reseller Discussions

The Cloud Solution Provider program puts the partner in the center of the customer relationship – learn more

Level 6 Contributor

How to become Multi-tier partner

We're a CSP tier-1 Direct Partner based in the Netherlands, and would like to become a CSP multi-tier Provider (both tier-1 Direct Partner and tier-2 Indirect Provider). 

Few years ago we've signed a CSP tier-2 amendment (specifically for Azure), which would make us multi-tier (both T-1 and T-2) . But this amendment apparently was connected to a wrong CSP tenant, therefore it didn't work. The amendment we had signed is now also obsolete, so we can't sign a new one and connect that one to the correct CSP tenant. 

What would be the procedure to become a CSP multi-tier Provider? Which contract should be signed and how can a partner apply for that status? 

Cheers, Martijn E.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Microsoft

OK, that is much more complicated. In short, you have to reach out your account team (PDM) to discuss this with them so they sponsor and drive your request in the Partner organization.

There is no direct option to sign such an agreement, and no direct path - it will be a bit politics, and showing proof that you can scale sufficiently. 

Kind regards,
Janosch

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft

HI @MartijnElfers 

You can just enroll as Indirect Reseller. Either with your current CSP tenant, or create a new one for this to have strong separation.

This is the direct link to start the enrollment: https://partnercenter.microsoft.com/pcv/register/joinnow/enrollmentwelcome/valueaddedreseller

If you use a new tenant that has no Partner Center access yet, you will be asked for a MPN ID during the process, and this will link the CSP Enrollment to your MPN organization. When you start the process with a user account that already has Partner Center access, afaik this will add the CSP Indirect Status directly to the existing Partner Center account, in Reseller profile you will then see the MPA agreement signed two times for two different CSP roles.

Generally I recommend to have CSP management tenant separate from your production tenant. And I personally would also set up Direct CSP separate from Indirect CSP

Kind regards,
Janosch
Level 6 Contributor

Hi Janosch,

I see I made an error in my original question. We'd like to become an Indirect Provider (not Reseller, changed it now in the original post), so that we can provide licenses via our partners to the end-customer.

We have a strong business channel for supporting partners and would like our partners to become the Indirect Reseller in this model, so that they also get the recognition and incentives from MS. Currently we're doing all of this manually, which is not ideal. 

We're planning to do this business next to our own Direct Partner model, thus wanting to become a CSP multi-tier partner. Indeed, this might be better manageable to do it in two different CSP tenants. 

Like mentioned, we do have an old Azure tier-2 (Indirect Provider) amendment contract. But this was connected to the wrong tenant and is now somehow lost is the Cloud 😛 

As this Azure tier-2 amendment is not available for signing anymore (being obsolete), and MS Corp. is not willing to provide new multi-tier or Indirect Provider contracts, I'm not sure what we can do to make our partner model work. 

Cheers, Martijn E.
Microsoft

OK, that is much more complicated. In short, you have to reach out your account team (PDM) to discuss this with them so they sponsor and drive your request in the Partner organization.

There is no direct option to sign such an agreement, and no direct path - it will be a bit politics, and showing proof that you can scale sufficiently. 

Kind regards,
Janosch

View solution in original post

Level 6 Contributor

Thanks for the reply! Was afraid this is the case. Shame there's no easier way, as we actually already signed (old) contracts to support us in achieving this status, but those are now deemed useless 😛 

Cheers, Martijn E.