Backup for mailboxes in Office365
One of our customers have migrated their mailboxes from Exchange 2013 to office 365.
He is asking: regarding the email backup for the IT side, how to backup mailboxes? is the only way is the pst file from the user side?
Thanks in advance.
KHALED EL GAZZAR
A suggestion is to look at Avepoint's solution - Cloud Backup Solution For Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365 And Salesforce | AvePoint
Avepoint got a great reputation and their new partner program is impressive!
(No, I don't work for Avepoint and I get zero commission)
Taking Office 365 Mailbox Backup is not an easy task. But Corbett made it easy, just use a single utility to deal with Office 365, check out these features:
- Backup Office 365 Mailbox
- Save in Email Format: PST, MBOX, EML
- Save in Document Format: PDF, HTML, vCard, CSV, Text
- Extract Only Attachments (if required)
- Extract Email Address Only (if required)
- Migrate Office 365 Data to Any IMAP Email Applications and many more features.
Yes, you can smoothly choose Office 365 Backup Software to switch Office 365 files to Outlook PST with attachments holding contacts and calendar. The software is stress-free to use and changes advance features for the exact migration of Office 365 files to Outlook. Try the demo version and check its complete functionality and features on your own without paying any cost. With a free demo, you can convert 10 Office 365 files to PST, if you would like to perform an unlimited process, the license key is a must.
Read more: https://www.gaintools.com/backup/office365/
From the technical point of view, backups can be divided into three types:
- Full backup – a full backup creates a one-to-one copy of files. This type is the most sizable, but, at the same time, is the starting point for the two alternative kinds listed below.
- Differential backup – copies data differences from the last full backup. It is a storage-friendly solution when compared to the full option.
- Incremental backup – saves the changes which were applied since the last incremental backup cycle. This type is the quickest and the most storage-friendly. What is more, it can be performed in the real time.
If you add the archiving feature to a backup solution, it will provide you with a comprehensive tool which covers those two areas all at once. What is more, setting archiving and retention policies for storages lets you control the space consumed by your safe copies.
As of now, there is no backup feature in Office 365 so you will have to rely on third party backup tools.
Admin | Apps4Rent
Thank you for your questions! The C+AI Partner Community focuses on business conversations, like go to market strategies, and partner-to-partner engagement to share best practices. For technical inquiries like these, please direct your questions to our Microsoft Tech Community, which is segmented by product type. Take a look at the tech community's Office365 groups to help with your questions: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Communities/ct-p/communities
Please reach out if you need anything else!