Hero Banner

Products Discussions

Share best practices and get the latest Microsoft product info

Visitor 1

Partner benefits (cant see LTSC, Server 2019 with desktop experience)

trying for two weeks to resolve and get an answer but nothing, opened case on partnercenter, then they told me to use advisory hours (for what?! i cant see non core versions of server under benefits?) then they blamed windows server team, then they asked for copy of distributors agreement?? so maybe there is no problem but noone working on support is able to give me an answer , so my question is, we have silver and gold competency, but under https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/pcv/partnership/benefits i don't see any nonCORE version of Windows Server 2019, maybe i'm missing something ?

11 REPLIES 11
Level 6 Contributor

Re: Partner benefits (cant see LTSC, Server 2019 with desktop experience)

You can download the evaluation here which can then be activated via retail key.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2019

2019Setup.jpg

Microsoft

In the benefits section there should be two different entries - Windows Server 2019, and e.g. Windows Server Standard.

Windows Server 2019 is the version with desktop experience (you can choose during setup if you install core or with GUI). I just tested this with a test account, and they are there.

It is true that in the benefits area there is a column that says "Core" - but this refers to the license type (so you got core-based licenses up to the displayed amount), not the installation version - maybe this is where the confusion comes from?

Edit: Just noticed that indeed the download is described as "core" - but it is the same 4.5GB image, it includes the GUI option.

Level 1 Contributor

I am experiencing this exact issue. We are silver competency. Under benefits I see Windows Server 2019 Standard and Windows Server. If I chose Windows Server 2019 Standard all I see are the keys. There is no link for download of an ISO file. 

I've tried Windows Server - that was just a core install no Desktop Expereince. I tried Windows 2019 Evaluation it would not accept my key. I tried a different browser too thinking maybe the page wasn't loading correctly. So as of right now there is no non-core download link avaialble on our Partner page. 

Microsoft

Well, that is a bit of a different issue if you see no download at all.

However, the download link should be available after choosing the language. If it does not not, please open a ticket in Partner Center support.

Level 1 Contributor

I will go ahead and do that. For reference this is what I am seeing (see attachment). And those download links for "Windows Server" every one of them are "core install" with no option during install for "Desktop Experience"

Microsoft

Interesting, the choice for language under Windows Server 2019 is not displayed as it should be. Tested this yesterday - attached screenshot how it should look like.

screenshot IUR download.jpg

Level 1 Contributor

Update on this. It now shows the language drop down however I cannot select anything. I'm almost wondering at this point if it's something up with the website itself. I have a ticket open no response yet. 

2019-03-29 13_26_48-Benefits.jpg

Level 1 Contributor

I switched to IE and it's now working and the download link shows for WIndows Server 2019. Doesn't show in Chrome still though. 

Microsoft

HI,

Can you please provide us the bug number or support ticket number. You can also reach me at prdesha@microsoft.com

Thanks and Regards,

Prasanna

Visitor 1

Except even in your screen shot it does not provide a download for Desktop Experience only for Core. I get the exact same issue. Neither WIndows Server nor Windows Server 2019 gives an option for Dekstop Experience only the core versions. I have been forced to use our MSDN subsctription to get a download that works but then I have to use MSDN keys the keys in Partner Dashboard do not work. 

Level 6 Contributor

@ChrisDarrow wrote:

Except even in your screen shot it does not provide a download for Desktop Experience only for Core. 

Server 2019 LTSC download provides for both options. with or without desktop experience.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2019

The semi annual channel are typically core only versions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/servicing-channels-19