Hero Banner

Products Discussions

Share best practices and get the latest Microsoft product info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrate 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials

I have a Windows Server 2012 [NOT R2] Essentials Domain that is to be replaced by a Windows Server 2016 Essentials Domain. How do I join the Server 2016 Essentials to the Server 2012 [not R2] Essentials Domain so that the Domain replicates properly and eventually [perhaps a week or two] allows REMOVAL the 2012 Essentials Server from the Domain.  Read quite a bit on this, the instructions either do not apply or just plain do not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

As this inquiry is technical in nature, if the partner is an active Silver or Gold partner I would recommend they submit a product support incident HERE for further assistance

Silver partners are entitled to 15 incidents per program year.  Alternatively, Gold partners are entitled to 20 incidents per program year.

Thank you,

Iulia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for asking. @Anonymous, please can you help with the below?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As this inquiry is technical in nature, if the partner is an active Silver or Gold partner I would recommend they submit a product support incident HERE for further assistance

Silver partners are entitled to 15 incidents per program year.  Alternatively, Gold partners are entitled to 20 incidents per program year.

Thank you,

Iulia

View solution in original post