Hero Banner

Products Discussions

Share best practices and get the latest Microsoft product info

JoeRainero
Level 4 Contributor

Black Desktop in RDSH Published App

• following the launch of the application from the RDS server, the desktop/screen behind the application window goes fully black. Generally, they are able to use Alt-Tab to move between windows.
  • Some users have reported that the black screen anomaly presents itself almost exactly 5 minutes after launching the application.
  • It has occurred on laptops/desktops running Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10. We are primarily a Win 7 environment, but in an effort to rule out the desktop OS and the PCs themselves, it has been tested on Win 8 and Win 10.
  • We were advised by Microsoft support to rename AcLayers.dll to AcLayers.old and the issue seems to go away temporarily but it changes the colors in the application window and that in itself becomes another issue with end users.  

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

One option is to connect with the Tech Community here since there are more product-specific experts available: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/

Since it seems this is being caused by the specific application (As the application compatibility DLL seems to change the behavior), you could also contact the app vendor, or try to change add compatibility settings to see if the problem can be fixed this way. 

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team
JoeRainero
Level 4 Contributor

I tried the tech community and have had no response.  We're partners and have been told by Microsoft to use this forum for product support.  Please get one to respond ASAP.

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@JoeRainero : I'm sorry, this community is not suitable for receiving product support, this is not an official support option to troubleshoot those problems -  if you need product support you can open a ticket at https://support.microsoft.com/oas . Since you mentioned you have already opened one it might be that product support was not able to resolve it within the boundaries of the respective support level - e.g. because it is caused by 3rd party application we can not fix, as the suggested solution seems to indicate (See also Professional support policy )

My guess is that support mentioned that you can try to ask for guidance in here (and/or other communities) since they can not provide further help. While I would like to help here - and maybe some other community member can help here if there are RDS experts looking at this forum - we/Microsoft do not have any option to provide troubleshooting here or involving support engineers in this discussion.

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team