Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

Visitor 1

MAPS renewal error - One additional step is needed to validate your account

I am having difficulty renewing a MAPS subscription.  The following error is received: 

One additional step is needed to validate your account. Our account team is on standby and ready to help you. Please contact us with this reference number: 715-123160 and transaction ID: blah blah blah.

I submitted a support ticket a month ago and the only responses I have received say "A pleasant day to you. I just want to give you an update regarding this escalated case. As per our Engineers, your access will not be reactivated as it does not satisfy Microsoft systems or security criteria."  

When pressed for the criteria that isn't met, I am only told "Apologies if that is the only information we can provide from our Engineers."

This ticket was escalated with basically the same respones.  My business's partner profile indcate that the verification status is authorized.  I am at a lose of what to do next.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Visitor 1

I've got the exact same problem as well, with no result in sight.

I keep asking for some kind of compensation for the time I've been unable to access my benefits, but no one wants to entertain the idea either.

Come on Microsoft, this is ridiculous!

Level 1 Contributor

Same problem here, already since February. 

Level 1 Contributor

Is there anybody at Microsoft that can help me???

Community Manager

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for the follow-up and hopefully this can help you progress the resolution.

Please read this documentation specifically for the Business Verification process.

Depending on the step where you are stuck, you need to raise a case to support, indicating the patch matching to that step, please see the options below:

Andra_0-1594796672253.png

The best route to get support for this matter is via Frontline Support, as agents have visibility over your account, organization details etc.

Thank you,

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Hi Andra,

The Verification Status is: Authorized (after a few hiccups in January). But I have been trying to renew our MAPS subscription for months now.

When I try to renew I get this error message: "We are unable to validate your request at this point of time.One additional step is needed to validate your account. Our account team is on standby and ready to help you. Please contact us with this reference number: 715-123160 and transaction ID: 37062afe-c376-47d3-865c-506a8346af14."

I have contacted frontline support and received over 30 emails most in the line of: "

Receive a cordial greeting,I contact you to indicate that the team in charge continue working on the case, when I get some response from the escalation team, I'll let you know right away. ..."

Finally I got an email saying: "I am contacting you to continue your case 1494299222 about "Error 715-123160 in Partner Center".

The escalation team inform us that your request to get unblocked were rejected and your access to Partner Center will not be re-activate for decision of the global team, it means you will not be able to join Partner Center using your profile."

In a final mail they suggested it may have something to do with the onmicrosoft account, but they were not able to help. 

I tried everything I could think of. Re-read all the bulletins about the transition to MFA. Double checked all required security settings in the Azure AD. But it is still not working. 

I have been a partner for over 10 years. I need help getting this fixed. That is what partners do, help each other. Can you please put me in contact someone who can help me?

Community Manager

Hi @Jacob ,

Thank you for the detailed feedback!

Indeed the community is a place to connect, share business best practices and help other partners.

This type of issue, however, is something that only Frontline Support can handle and advise on.

If this is an MFA situation, perhaps you can follow this path:

Andra_0-1595411498196.png

I can only advise to this extent.

Thank you for understanding,

Andra