Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

midoro
Level 1 Contributor

How to become Microsoft Authorized Distributor?

Can someone tell how to become a Microsoft Authorized Distributor? My country is Netherlands.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

OK - if you are not Authorized Distributor, you can not simply purchase this option. Becoming Indirect Provider is much more effort compared to the other options, you have to have a proven record of being engaged in Reselling business since along time, usual expectation is a footprint in multiple countries with potentially a multi-million annual revenue expected.

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jab0585
Level 2 Contributor

"One Business, One Account"

its a gold mine...a world without limitations. one business gets one government account (pending public-open-domain)

Microsoft Partners Network (MPN)Microsoft Partners Network (MPN)

PerWerngren
Influencer

Hi Joel,

I agree with @JanoschUlmer and it is very hard to become a distributor. A reseller is something that can be handled right away.

Regards, Per

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@midoro You should talk with your Microsoft Account team (PDM - Partner Development Manager) about this, as they need to drive this internally and act as sponsor for this request to be approved by regional management. This is not a straight forward process, it requires convincing many people.

If you do not have a Microsoft Account team currently, I'm afraid there no real option, only very few large Partner will be allowed to act a distributor.

However, can you explain more what s the intend? Authorized Distributor for what exactly? Maybe it is just a wording issue - e.g. becoming a reseller via the few authorized distributors might not be that hard to achieve.

Kind regards, Janosch
midoro
Level 1 Contributor

@JanoschUlmer We therefore investigate this question as part of the extent to which we can achieve this competence with the “distributor option”

Competency level.png

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

OK - if you are not Authorized Distributor, you can not simply purchase this option. Becoming Indirect Provider is much more effort compared to the other options, you have to have a proven record of being engaged in Reselling business since along time, usual expectation is a footprint in multiple countries with potentially a multi-million annual revenue expected.

Kind regards, Janosch
sb_brooke
Level 5 Contributor

Thanks for this. I stumbled on this thread when looking at the different between an indirect reseller vs indirect provider. Sadly the Distributor option is not really viable for most partners, it seems like. 

Marketing Director at Smartbridge, Microsoft Gold Partner & CSP