Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

Visitor 1

Count of licensed reached with SILVER and GOLD competency levels

Dear All,

If I have the silver and gold level in a competency, for example, in "Data Platform" the licenses reached with each level are cumulative?
An example: Windows Server 2019 Datacenter (Silver Data Platform) 16 + Windows Server 2019 Datacenter (Gold Data Platform) 32 = 48

So I can use 48 licenses or just the 32 licenses that I reached with the Gold level?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft

Silver & Gold Benefits of the same competency are not cumulative, you either get the Silver or the Gold benefits for a specific competency.

However, being Gold will also make you eligible to a higher count of licenses for the base benefit.

So, according to https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/membership/internal-use-software:

• Silver will give you 32 core-licenses for WS 2019 as base benefit + 16 for the data platform competency on silver level = 48 Core licenses.
  • Gold will give you 64 core-licenses for WS 2019 as base benefit + 32 for the data platform competency on gold level = 96 Core licenses.
  • If you are Gold Partner because you have e.g. Cloud Productivity on Gold, but "Data Platform" is on silver -  you will have 64 core-licenses for WS 2019 as base benefit + 16 for the data platform competency on gold level (Cloud productivity does not have any WS2019 benefits) = 80 Core licenses. 

Different competency benefits stack up, so if you are Gold with Gold competency on "Collaboration & Content" and Silver on "Data Platform" you will get 64 (base benefit for gold) + 32 (for collab competency on gold) + 16 (data platform competency on silver) = 112 core licenses