Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

Visitor 1

Business verification - We were not able to verify your business details

I have been a partner for quite a while.  Now that I'm moving over, I'm finding that my verification failed.  The screenshot tells the story.  I'm just a sole proprietorship and work hard to build apps for clients with .net and sql server and azure.  Being a partner gives me credibility in this process.  I'm not sure what my next step is towards verification, but I've seen Microsoft people reach out on here before, so I'm hoping someone will do so again and give me some assistance.  Thx.

47 REPLIES 47
Visitor 1

declined partner application - next step?

Hello, 

I want to get a CSP business off the ground, so far it is just me, sole proprietorship.  I received the call from DB in the second week of March for verification, and awaited email for the email account verification.  About 12 days went by with nothing.  At this point I assumed something did not pass, and redirected my focus to wrapping up some end of quarter tasks and laying out 2nd quarter goals at my "day job."  

I decided today to look in on it again today and see if I can make some headway.  My personal life has changed in a dramatic way in the past month and I wanted to invest some of that momentum into energizing my CSP business efforts.  I noticed in my Hotmail account (which I've used to sign in to the partner network for many years), I was receiving much more focused content from the partner network regarding CSP business development.  This looked promising.  Also, I was tagged as DPOR on an Azure subscription recently, and wanted to see if it reflected on the Dashboard. 

That is when I saw the notice of the application being rejected.  It said my employment with NimbusNeXT could not be verified.  I AM NimbusNeXT!  I can't even seem to find the usage details of the Office 365 subscription I was tagged on.  Well, I also saw in my mailbox (my company mailbox, which is an organization subscription using the Action Pack benefit) that one hour after I set this project down I was contacted by email for verification of the email address, and wonder if my lack of response was the cause of the rejection. 

To be sure, when 12 days had passed since the D&B call and no news, I'd fallen into a somewhat disheartened state, far removed from my initial excitement around doing something life changing for my family.  There is no "rejection resolution" flowchart for me to follow, but I'm not gong to accept that the doorway to opportunity has been closed, and I would like to know just what is my next action to get back on the track.  

In trying to seek guidance, I can't even tell if "Partnership 101" is the correct location for this subject...  hopefully you all are just trying to test my resolve.  

Regards, 

Daniel

ljb
Visitor 1

Re: declined partner application - next step?

I had the exact same thing happen to me recently.  I am the sole owner and employee of my business and they couldn't verify 'employment'.  So I created a support ticket and explained everything again, just as I did with the call center employee that called to verify from D&B.  It ended up being escalated and I was asked to provide proof of ownership for my business or domain name.  Simply going into my domain hosting account I was able to grab a screenshot of my domain details which inncluded my name, my business name and address.  My problem may have been that my domain registration is private so they may have just seen the proxy and thought it was bogus.

I didn't receive any notification that the paperwork I submitted was sufficient but in a few days I noticed the rejected status removed.  I followed up with the case manager and they didn't necessarily know either, but I was able to proceed with the CSP enrollment and that is what mattered.  Not sure why support isn't more in sync with why this may be happening and then the person helping me isn't sure what the other team is doing that is reviewing the account for accuracy.  They put the verfication process out to a thrid party and trust them blindly.  The strange thing is I have been a partner for over 2 years and all of a sudden this starts happening, I imagine they want to cull the group witht the new CSP programs.

So, long story short- get in touch with partner support for cloud services and they should be able to get you straightened out.

-E

Microsoft

Hello Daniel,

I am sorry that this has been an unpleasant experience... Can you please share your MPN ID and the e-mail address (you can PM or e-mail me directly) you've used with the subscription? I can direct those to someone who can help get this figured out.

Thanks!

Miki, MPC team

Level 2 Contributor

Stuck on Employment Verification while transitioning to new Partner Center

I've been a Microsoft Partner for years.  Most recently when I tried logging into the website, I received a message saying that the partner center had migrated to a new site.  I logged into the new site and all of my information transferred over.  

I then tried to order a couple of CSP products through my distributor and received a message that my MPN ID was invalid and that I couldn't continue my order.  I logged into partner center and saw that I am stuck on Employment Verification.  I own the company and haven't received any employment verification calls or emails.  In the meantime, I can't renew or order new products.  Is it because I'm stuck on employment verification?

Can someone please provide some guidance as to what to do next?

Visitor 1

Partner profile verification in Microsoft partner center

Hi,

The verification status in the partner profile remains on business verification. I have updated the information a few times without success.

2018-12-17 11_38_46-Partner profile.png

Is there a possibility to restart the verification?

Thank you.

Visitor 1

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as Daniel. My application failed at the business verification stage, as below.

csp fail.jpg

Could I please have some assistance with this.

Level 1 Contributor

I myself am also a sole trader having the same issue as above ? 

I've tried Live Chat but that didn't really seem to go anywhere if i'm honest. Smiley Sad

Visitor 1

+1, having the same issue - sole trader and hit the same rejected status at the same point. No idea what to do next!

Visitor 1

+1! Same issue! Partner application fails at Business Verification. Please help!

Visitor 1

I have the same issue with o365 adm login and no answer from support ticket?

Level 2 Contributor

Re: Stuck on Employment Verification while transitioning to new Partner Cen

I am having the same problem and with no success with support.  Any news?

Level 2 Contributor

I am also having the problem and the support are not supportive, the technical team really does not care.

Level 2 Contributor

Re: Business verification - We were not able to verify your business detail

I am having the same problem with employment verification and I am the owner of the company with no employees.  Support looks like that does not care about this issue, I am dealing with that for more than 30 days and now I cannot renew my partnership, I think they want me to get out of the program once I am a small company.  I am patner since 2007 and when they change to this new website they change to one that is fancy but does not work at all.  What is the employment verification? How it is done to be rejected?  This is crap of some lazy and bureacratic employee that decides to check a thing that they are not able to check and did not add value to the process. It is frustating and time consuming...

Visitor 1

Having the exact same issue.

Partner profile rejected due to business details not being able to be verified.

I believe Dun & Bradstreet are the 3rd party who do the verifications. You would think that if a profile was rejected, someone would call or email to let you know why but that doesn't happen.

All my business details are correct and match with my ABN details with Australian Business Register. It would be very simple for Dun & Bradstreet to verify one's business name and owner by searching ABN Lookup, but obviously they don't. I'm guessing that they are only checking Company details and not those of Sole Traders.

I've contacted Microsoft Partner support who, after spending several hours on the phone, told me that they needed to escalate the case but that it could take up to 12 weeks to have an answer.

Absolutely terrible service once again by Microsoft. If they didn't have such a monopoly, any other business with this poor level of service, would be out of business in a flash. But alas, we are just slaves to Microsoft and they couldn't give a stuff about us small businesses.

In the meantime, my business suffers and I lose work daily because I can't be registered as a partner.

Thanks for nothing Microsoft. You Suck!!!!

Craig

Visitor 2

I am stuck with same problem.

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Having the same problem: Trying to become a partner as a 1-women-company.

As there is no message about the reasons for the reject, my only hope is that someone from Microsoft picks this up and gives some hints what to do next.

Level 1 Contributor

Same here: Rejection without any comment about about the reasons.

Visitor 1

Employement Verification

We have an issue with verification and no idea why?

MPN ID 

Employment Verification

We were not able to verify your employment with CSA DANISMANLIK ve BIL HIZ LTD STI.

Visitor 1

hi

so do i, i have the same issue, need your help microsoft

Capture.JPG

5BI
Visitor 1

I'm also in the same boat. I have just started a new business focussing on solutions with Office 365 and Azure having owned a business which has been a Microsoft partner for 14 years and now because of some automated process with no documentation, I cannot become a partner again.

Microsoft, can you please resolve this issue, I've also been on the chat system 5 times and never been responded to.

Level 1 Contributor

I don't think they care.... my comment was well over a month ago. Although I'm not verifed, I was provided a MPN which was really all I needed.

Influencer

Depending on where you are in the world - I would recommend calling your Regional Service Center.  If you have an MPN ID, you should be able to get someone on the phone to help you get to the right place.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3202548/how-to-get-microsoft-partner-network-help 

In the US I know that number is 1800MPNSOLV but will be different based on where you are in the world.

I hope this helps!

Visitor 1

Re: Stuck on Employment Verification while transitioning to new Partner Cen

Me too. Signed up a week ago and not movement.

Visitor 1

Re: Business verification - We were not able to verify your business details

I too am experiencing this business verification issue.  Has anyone found a solution or the proper contact at microsoft?