Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

Level 1 Contributor

Re: Getting stuck in "Your account is being verified" since a month

So, I'm having the same issue. I have just put in a request (620020594742709). I'm a starting sole proprietorship. I have no website yet. The money from the project to set up O365 for my first client is how I plan to pay for it. I just have a domain, and my own O365 instance. My client is waiting on me to get my reselling ability so I can complete the project. It sounds like this system is not designed for small starting sole propietorships. Should I just abandon the idea of being a reseller as part of my business strategy?

Community Manager

Hi @ErikMetzler ,

I am really sorry about this hassle.

Please note that the support team currently handles a high volume of requests on Account verification, so it might take up to two weeks to have all sorted.

Thank you for providing the case # here, in case you don`t hear from support in two weeks, please follow-up on this thread.

Regarding the reseller business, have you signed up with a distributor ? for more information please check out this thread https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/Partnership-101/How-Do-I-Become-Microsoft-Reseller/m-p/4563 and this link : https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-solution-provider/find-a-provider.

Hope this helps,

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

@Andra Thank you for the details. 

I was looking at Ingram, TechData and SoftwareOne. Ingram I've used in the past with a company but hated their interface. Techdata seemed more geared toward larger companies. SoftwareOne seems a good fit for me. But they require I have my CSP account set up first and I need to do some more research on them first. 

I got a response on my ticket, asking for details. I can provide some of it, but as a Sole Propriator ship, I have no articles of incorperations etc. And as my company has my name in it, I don't need to register anything anywhere in my State. Long store short, this process doesn't seem well suite for small sole propietorships which are legally just extensions of the owner. 

Level 1 Contributor

Re: Business verification - We were not able to verify your business details

It's a month now and nobody contacted me so far. The issue keeps going on without a resolution or progress at all. It's for sure more time than a week or two.

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

For others.

I needed to provide a receipt from the purchase of my domain. Which in the case of my Registrar was in the Billing area. It needed to have address, name, businessname, etc that matched my CSP profile.

For the Official Business Document, I got a Letter from my bank on their letterhead stating my name, business name, address, phone number and Email, as they match my domain purchase and information in my CSP profile. I had just opened a business account with them, so I didn't have a bank statement yet. I'll let you know if this works for me, as this might help others get the needed documents for their Sole Propietorships. 

Visitor 1

Having the same problem here. Renewed MAPS subscription last year, now cannot access any software benefits or product keys due to "business verification failed" at step "company validation". I already opened a support ticket last week but have not got any feedback yet. Today, I opened another incident just to be sure I selected the proper incident category. I have provided my business registration form (as PDF, attached to both requests).

MPN ID: 4845314

request ID 1: 620020394740181

request ID 2: 620021294751632

Hope to get this resolved soon.