Hero Banner

Partnership 101

How to build a foundation with Microsoft to accelerate your business

Level 1 Contributor

Re: Business verification - We were not able to verify your business details

Trying to register for a reseller account on the Microsoft Partner center and its failing to verify Empolyment status.

I have attached the screenshot , kindly assist.

Level 1 Contributor

Good day Support

The ticket support number is 619042694484094 ,

I have now attached the screenshot

Visitor 1

Hello All,

My partner account rejected due to business verification step failed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Visitor 1

I have the same issue with my business profile verification, somebody know how solve it?

I appreciate any suggestion to advance in this process.

Visitor 1

Re: declined partner application - next step?

Hi, just read your review on the 'rejected' MPN ID business verification.   I agree, dont really care about MS business verification step.  Just need the MPN ID to sign up for SPLA licenses.   Were you able to use your MPN ID to buy from Microsoft ... even without the business verification? 

I am in two minds to just to submit the SPLA contract with the (unverified) MPN ID.   

Visitor 1

Re: Stuck on Employment Verification while transitioning to new Partner Center

Looks like I am not alone Smiley Happy

Visitor 1

I am also in the same boat and no where to go, HELP MICROSOFT

Microsoft

Sorry that you all experienced these problems. I have tried to get some clarity around this and what to do.

Usually the MPN support team should be able to help and escalate this to the team doing the verification, if they do not I can see if I push this forward (I'm not from the team responsible for MPN but more in a technical consulting role, just trying to help here). 

So, first steps would be to raise a support request - e.g. via https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/support or within Partner Center's help section. For the support request choose area: Program/Membership, category: Enrollment, topic: MPN. Then submit an incident. If there is no help within the ticket, please mention the ticket ID here and if possible add a short comment on what reason support gave why they can't help. I'm sorry that I can not directly resolve this without the support ticket information.

I'm also still trying to get somebody from the MPN team answering here. 

Visitor 1

Dear Microsoft support:

I have had a ticket open for days trying to verify my company here. I even got a DUNS number already and still failing verification ... I have a ticket open ID 619051294499036

Please let me know how to proceed here as I need to get the action pack I have customers asking for cloud services already and I have no ability to get the pack or sign up for SPLA.

Microsoft

Opening a ticket is the right step, the MPN support should be able to resolve this. Your ticket was opened on May 12 - it might take a few days more until you hear back from support since they are struggling with a high workload since a few months already.

Level 1 Contributor

@JanoschUlmerI am also having exactly the same issue. I have had a support ticket open for this issue since 27th Feb 2019. 79 days later and I am no further along. I have had multiple emails going backwards and forwards, all written with a poor level of English, and not one of them seems to understand that I am a sole trader. For instance the last email I recieved today asked me to provide articles of incorporation, which as a sole trader is rediculous because a sole trader is a UK business type that only requires the individual to be reigstered for tax purposes with a UTR (Unique Taxpayer Reference). They can trade then under any business name they choose without any form of business name registration. Articles of incorporation are used to establish exsisitence of a business in USA/canada and nothing to do with the UK.

Microsoft

Very sorry to hear that this is going on for almost 80 days now. For reference it would be good to post the ticket ID here.

Did they confirm they will continue working on that - or did they close the ticket? Before they close it they should at least be able to confirm if this kind of business is eligible or not - afaik there is no definition on what qualifies as a business and what not. 

It might be that for this new verification process not all global forms of "companies" were considered (and thus not all forms on how a verification can be provided or how to check on this), and your scenario sounds like one of those were the default process was not designed for. 

Level 1 Contributor

@JanoschUlmer 

Thanks for your response. The ticket ID is 619022791477024 and the emails I have recieved regarding this use the following reference SRX619022791477024ID. The ticket is still open but generally takes about 2 weeks or more for each response to an update. I am currently a Microsoft Partner Network Member with an active Microsoft Action Pack Subscription, now the 2nd year of subscription.

Before moving to the new Partner Center there did not seem to be an issue and the requirements show for purchasing this subscription, along with business type (IT Consulting Services Provider/Software Support Provider), as "During the purchase process, your company will be validated through Dun and Bradstreet (D&B). D&B verifies the company based on its name, address, website URL, and phone number." For which all evidence was provided at time of initial subscription.

Highlighted
GLK Level 1 Contributor
Level 1 Contributor

I'm having the same problem spanning a few weeks now.
Eventually reported this to Microsoft on 9th May 2019 SRX1471100204ID - Universal Store?Account Setup | Business verification - Likely Problem Reason.

I have sent screen shots to the Support Person Aldo proving that we are a legitimate company and he has told me that he passed them on to the validation team.
Also sent an email to Aldo last night with two screen shots attached of a specific reason why this rejection issue may be happening to us.
This morning received an email back with the usual I will pass this information on wording.

The Xamarin UWP Project Planning App I have been working on for 2 years sits and waits on this.
Now concentrating on the Xamarin iOS version deployment because I can't get any sign of an early solution from Microsoft.

This process should have been easy compared to writing the App but the frustration level is really annoying with such a simple verification process failing with vague generic messages which fails to enlighten us why this is happening.
Why doesn't it tell us the specific reason for rejection such as this is the telephone number or address etc., we can't verify.

If it’s a security issue then tell us part of the telephone number or address.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Visitor 1

Same Problem here, I sent all documentation they asked me for (domain ownership, LLC resolution and articles of incorporation) more than a week ago still waiting.

:-S

Visitor 1

Add me to the long list of people having problems.

I trade under a DBA (which is registered but doesn't show up in D&B) so I changed it to the parent company -- which is in D&B and made sure everything is correct.

Keeps failing at employment verification failed.  No one called the company's phone number. I do have logs. Didn't get any emails either.

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

Please note we have moved all threads from MPC on this topic, here. 

From your replies we see the blocker appears on the Business Verification shown below.

12.jpg

Microsoft Partner Network Support is seeing an increased volume of support cases regarding Business Verification topic, hence you are experiencing a longer resolution time than usual.

Due to higher than normal volume, please allow at least 3 weeks for vetting to be completed.  

If you have an MPN membership, you are not impacted by the validation process and can continue using your membership as per notification in yellow.13.png

Because the Microsoft Partner Community is a central destination for thought leadership on business best practices, Partner news, education, events, and new business opportunities, we want to highlight some crucial steps for the Business Verification process. So here goes:

• Please create a new account with the correct country code if you entered the wrong country code initially.
  • Please update the account information with a complete company name, address, and a valid phone number belonging to your organization and corresponding to the country code.
  • If you already have an open case, to validate the company legal business identity, please provide a scanned copy of an official business document, such as:
    • business registration form
    • business charter

OR

• articles of incorporation.

! Print screens, screenshots or Snips are not an acceptable form of documentation. Attachments larger than 8mb cannot be received by the system. Please advise if you are unable to provide smaller attachments.

Making sure you added the right data in the system will make the whole process much easier and decrease the time of resolution significantly.

We would also like to remind you that a complementary support service called The Partner Virtual Agent, built using Dynamics 365 Virtual Agent for Customer Service, will be coming to the Microsoft partner website site in the future. For more information, please join this Ask Microsoft Anything event on June 19, 2019.

Have a great day ahead!
Andra

Visitor 1

Hi

I am having the same issue too. It’s a nightmare.

I have decided to register with Dun & Bradstreet, but it takes a few days to get a DUNS number, but this will mean I am on the list, then I can try again with Microsoft.

I will let you know how I go on
Visitor 1

I have same issue here and keep trying to register, but failed again and again. How can I pass it??

Microsoft

Hi @ubntxm  - If above posted guidances from Andra (from 5-23-2019) reg. the important steps does not help, please open a ticket in Partner Center to get this tracked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am stuck at email domain verification, I accidentally deleted the TXT record from my domains DNS after migration so I think this might be the cause.
However there doesn’t seem to be a way to retrieve the MS= value anywhere?
Does anyone know how/where I can get this from?

Microsoft

@Anonymous : Which domain verification? The domain verification in AzureAD - or the email verification for MPN registration?

The TXT record is no longer required once the custom domain is verified in AzureAD. For email verification in MPN regsitration an email will be send to the designated primary contact's work email - so it is important that emails can be received with this adress.

Visitor 1

Similar problem here - Failing verification of Emplyment verification.

After a long online chat session and it failing AGAIN - I have raised a support case.

Visitor 1

I'm facing the same issues, i've been passed around three departments now. There isn't any information given to suggest what we're failing on, but getting the dreaded 

image.png

To be honest, noone in microsoft seems to have a clue how to solve this. First we followed the support process through the partner centre. This was a miserable experience because you couldn't speak to anyone, only chat, and then you were always first in the queue (ie noone was answering). Eventually we got through but the support representative had no idea. We then were passed to the MS Dev Centre Support (case ID 1485842469 ). Immediately they also washed their hands of it and said it would be redirected to a 'specialized team'. Next we got the Microsoft Store Team, I provided them with a LONG explanation, attachments of my companys 'Cetficicate of Incorportation' and 'Trade Mark Registration', our DUNS number, and link to companies house to verify the company. They only advice was to retry (of course we've done this, many times) and passed us back to the Developer Support Centre (Grr). Apparantly now we have someone (Camilla R.) who has 'taken ownership of this', however despite emailing and requesting contact we've had nothing back.

This is incredibly frustrating. We have developed an appx using the microsoft recommended methods and can't use it because of this problem. 

Please can someone take 'ownership'. Case 1485842469

Community Manager

Hi @jpassingham,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us on Microsoft Partner Community!

I am taking the ticket ID "1485842469" to find who took over the ticket and what is the status. Thank you very much for you patience. I hope your issue will be solved as soon as possible. 

Have a nice day!

Mihai