Open License to CSP transition materials for Indirect Providers to support Resellers
These materials are customizable and provided to help you accelerate reseller onboarding and adoption of perpetual software in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program.
- Microsoft provides a variety of readiness resources to help partners quickly learn and understand program, platform, and business changes. This readiness map is designed to help you navigate across the “Reseller Open License to CSP transition materials" and optimize your time spent consuming them. Use the resources discussed to help resellers understand the connection points, key milestones, and actions to prepare for this end-to-end set of launches occurring over the coming FY21 period and into FY22.
- Step-by-step overview showing how to learn, enroll, setup, transact, and grow your business with Microsoft as an indirect reseller in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program.
- Email template for indirect providers to use in transition of resellers to CSP.
- Comprehensive overview for indirect providers to use in transition of resellers to CSP.
- Brief overview for indirect providers to use in transition of resellers to CSP.
- As we improve our commerce capabilities to provide customers and partners with a better buying experience, we’re expanding the offer portfolio to include the availability of perpetual software licenses within the Cloud Solution Provider program (CSP). The addition of software licenses within CSP allows participating partners to focus on offering diverse solutions and managed services to their customers. It also empowers customers’ transition to the cloud and gives partners the flexibility needed for hybrid cloud environments. See the resources below for full details.
Open License Program retirement Key dates
1. Perpetual software now available to be sold through CSP - Jan'21
2. Open License Program retirement - Dec'21
3. No new SKUs to be added to Open Price List - July'21
4. Availability of Govt/Edu/Charity, GGWA SKUs in CSP - July'21
5. help customers transition from perpetual software to cloud solutions accelerating their digital transformation and cloud adoption with the following top scenarios.
- Windows Server and SQL Server on Azure: Grow cloud revenue by helping your customers migrate to Windows Server and SQL Server on Azure – the most cost-effective, friction-less way to move to the cloud. More information here.
- Transition from Office to Microsoft 365: Offer your customers the most collaborative, up-to-date features in one seamless, integrated experience with Microsoft 365. More information here.