MarcusJClifford
Level 2 Contributor

Time Critical - Employment and Business Verification for Partner Renewal (MAPS)

Hi,

I have been a Microsoft Partner for over two years. Earlier this month I tried to renew my Microsoft Action Pack as I do each year (£420) but was told I needed to Complete Account Verification. I tried to do this, as all my information was correct, but it failed verification.

At my own expense and effort I have had to therefore create a Limited Company just to be able to try to pass this "verification", previously I was a sole trader. I thought this would resolve the issue, but AGAIN today it has failed validation.

I have now uploaded what I consider to be the required documents. 

This is now assigned Ticket ID: 2101270040005171

My issue is, given how long this has taken my MAPS subscription renewal window expires in early February. If I don't renew this in time I will loose access to my benefits including most importantly my Office 365 subscription and the email service that is part of Office365 for my company. 

I absolutely must not loose access to my emails or it will have a massive impact on me.

Please can you action ticket 2101270040005171 and progress this.

Does anyone else know what I can do to ensure I keep my Office 365 service if I can't renew MAPS and renew it that was (as I've done for the past two years)?  e.g. Can I just buy a few months Office365 until this is resolved (not ideal but willing to do it).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcusJClifford
Level 2 Contributor

Happy to report that after this message and the support ticket this has now been resolved and I'm authorised / approved. 

I still think the process is very flawed, but for me, this has been resolved now.

I think we do need formal clarity though on who / what can be a Microsoft Partner, as for two years I was perfect and then now for year 3 I've had to go through these steps. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Salik
Level 2 Contributor

I have the same issue.

I went to update my address and now it is rejecting my registration and I am not sure how to resolve. I am a sole proprietor so I am unsure what documents to sent. I also operate a Ltd. company too.

I have had a support ticket in for over 1 week which hasn't been looked at. I have been told that the team is "swamped" - This translates into  - don't expect this to be resolved soon. Very disappointing support response.

I am concerned as am running my business entirely on Office365 and my wife and I have critical emails and documents. If MAPS ends will I immediately lose my AD logins? Will I than lose all my documents and emails?

It was really better before when I had things registered with a external email rather than the one tied to the AD which comes with the MAPS subscription.

Anyway that anyone on here could speed this up would be most welcome. Please DM for the ticket numbers.

Andra
Community Manager

Thank you @MarcusJClifford for sharing your experience and for the follow up! I am glad this has been solved.

I will share your feedback internally. 

Thank you,

Andra

MarcusJClifford
Level 2 Contributor

Happy to report that after this message and the support ticket this has now been resolved and I'm authorised / approved. 

I still think the process is very flawed, but for me, this has been resolved now.

I think we do need formal clarity though on who / what can be a Microsoft Partner, as for two years I was perfect and then now for year 3 I've had to go through these steps.