stevepao
Level 1 Contributor

Renaming a verified MPN account prevents linking Azure App Registrations

Greetings,

I am writing here from my personal account, as our work MPN account appeared to be readonly in this forum.  

My company (née PunchIn Co) had a verified MPN account before we renamed our company (Ampll, Inc.).

Upon updating our MPN legal business name, a new verification process was triggered and expected.  As our MPN account was previously verified, we did not expect to be blocked from linking new Azure App Registrations to our MPN account id. The expectation was that the verified identifier would update from the old details to the new details when the account verification process was once again completed.

We have App Registrations which are currently displaying as unverified, with no way to fix it while the MPN account is under review, which has been the case for a month now.

If previously verified accounts had some amount of functionality during these types of changes, we would't mind that the verification is delayed due to the request volume.

Does anyone have a solution they can recommend?

Thanks!
Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jun1
Microsoft

@stevepao could you check your account?  I was told the issue should have been resolved.  thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
stevepao
Level 1 Contributor

Thanks, @Jun1!

We began the renaming efforts on Feb 23, so the Company name update feature/link did not exist at that time. According to our ticket (2102230040004586), the backend team updated our Company name which triggered a verification.

MPN Verification Status is currently Rejected, though we have attached renaming documents to the ticket.

Is there something else we have to do to re-ignite this process?

Thanks!
Steve

Jun1
Microsoft

Hi @stevepao , I reached out to someone in support with your case number.  Will get back to you once I hear from them.  Thanks. 

Jun1
Microsoft

@stevepao could you check your account?  I was told the issue should have been resolved.  thanks!

View solution in original post

stevepao
Level 1 Contributor

Yes.  Thank you, @Jun1!. We are authorized now!

Jun1
Microsoft

@stevepao did the renaming MPN legal business name trigger verification so your MPN account is under review ? What's your MPN account status now?  Unless it is a major change, renaming your business name should automatically pass without changing your account status.